Jump to content
BANGKOK
possum1931

Western Food Shop in Bangkok.

Recommended Posts

Does anyone remember a western food restaurant on Soi 23 which was owned by an Englishman and shut down a good few years ago? I really liked it, all the items were priced individually.

Are there any similar type restaurants in Bangkok that could be recommended?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are probably talking about the old Queen Victoria pub - which is now reopened as Scruffy Murphy's Irish pub.

 

Good equivalents (British owned) to the old Queen Vic are:

 

The Sportsman on Sukhumvit Soi 13:  https://bangkokbeerguru.com/city/bangkok/listing/the-sportsman-bar-restaurant/

 

The Royal Oak on Sukhumvit Soi 33/1:   https://bangkokbeerguru.com/city/bangkok/listing/royal-oak-pub/

 

Cheers,

Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I understand the items "priced individually" 

 

One could try the 101 Restaurant which is on yes, Sukhumvit 101/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maisodni said:

You are probably talking about the old Queen Victoria pub - which is now reopened as Scruffy Murphy's Irish pub.

 

Good equivalents (British owned) to the old Queen Vic are:

 

The Sportsman on Sukhumvit Soi 13:  https://bangkokbeerguru.com/city/bangkok/listing/the-sportsman-bar-restaurant/

 

The Royal Oak on Sukhumvit Soi 33/1:   https://bangkokbeerguru.com/city/bangkok/listing/royal-oak-pub/

 

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks, but no, this restaurant was only about 50 Mts on the left hand side from the junction with Sukh Rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Not sure I understand the items "priced individually" 

 

One could try the 101 Restaurant which is on yes, Sukhumvit 101/1

 On the menu you would see French Fries, mash, fish, eggs, sausages, beans, peas etc, all priced individually. A new restaurant took it's place and went crazy with it's prices, ie the beans almost doubled in price. It sure did

not last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Not sure I understand the items "priced individually" 

 

One could try the 101 Restaurant which is on yes, Sukhumvit 101/1

Quite handy for the Soi 23 area!

Edited by Just Weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Does anyone remember a western food restaurant on Soi 23 which was owned by an Englishman and shut down a good few years ago?

The Offshore Bar/Restaurant, maybe?  On the left just after the 7-11 coming from Sukhumvit, owned by a Yorkshireman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Quite handy for the Soi 23 area!

How are your comprehension skills? Read the OP again.  

 

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Are there any similar type restaurants in Bangkok that could be recommended?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Ship inn? 

George and Dragon? Owner named Doc

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Ship inn? 

George and Dragon? Owner named Doc

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

How are your comprehension skills? Read the OP again. 

My humble apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The Offshore Bar/Restaurant, maybe?  On the left just after the 7-11 coming from Sukhumvit, owned by a Yorkshireman.

 

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ You mean the Chippy? On Soi 23? 

My money would be on that being the one the OP's referring to, there was a connecting door between the chippy and the bar.

Edited by Just Weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several Western restaurants dotted around Bangkok, and most of Thiland, where menu items are priced individually...............McDonalds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...