Chiang Mai: "Farang" attacked me from behind, tried to kill me and robbed me, says bloodied Thai student

rooster59

Chiang Mai: "Farang" attacked me from behind, tried to kill me and robbed me, says bloodied Thai student

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYwNi84MDMyODc0L3Nhbm9va190aHVtYm5haWxfMTIwMHg3MjAoMjIxLmpwZw==.jpg

Caption: Farang smashed his head in

Image: Sanook

A 24 year old Thai student has told Thai media from his hospital bed how he was attacked from behind while taking photographs in the Doi Suthep - Pui park area on Wednesday.

Theeraphat told Sanook that what he thought was a white European man came up behind him and hit hit with a heavy object. He managed to escape and hide in the undergrowth. Later he realised that his photographic equipment and wallet were missing.

Other tourists helped him to safety and the matter is now in the hands of the police, he said.

Sanook were alerted to the incident after a senior at a university in Chiang Mai posted on Facebook about it. They telephoned Theeraphat who spoke from his hospital bed in Maharat Nakhon Chiang Mai Hospital yesterday.

He said that he is a fourth year student and on Wednesday he had ridden on a motorbike to the Suthep - Pui area to take photographs. He was alone.

After parking his bike at a viewpoint area known as Doi Hua Moo he went along a nature trail and set up his tripod and camera.

He then felt a heavy blow to his head from behind and thought he had been attacked by a club.

He turned to see that a man who looked like a European was attacking him with a heavy object, he was not sure exactly what.

Further blows rained down on his head and he almost fell. He believed the man was trying to kill him.

He managed to run off and after stumbling rolled down a ravine suffering further injuries to his body. He hid in some undergrowth and tried to stay as quiet as possible fearing that the foreigner would come after him.

He was trying to get a signal on his phone and took a selfie of his injuries to his head. He was shocked to see that he was covered in blood over his head and body.

When he felt it was safe he climbed back up the ravine to where he had set up his tripod.

His camera, tripod, bad with two lenses and wallet were all missing. There was no sign of the assailant.

Some other tourists came to his aid and were shocked at his appearance. They gave him water.

An ambulance was called and it arrived after about one hour and he was taken to hospital where he was found to have six wounds to his head and injuries to his body from rolling down the ravine.

The matter was reported to Phupingratchaniwet police in whose jurisdiction the attack took place.

Theeraphat said he hoped to be released from hospital soon and will then give further details to the police before hopefully going home to Phrae to recover from the attack.

Sanook made no mention of having contacted the police to confirm this story, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-15
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Not an Australian, American or Canadian then? Caucasian would have been a better term to use.

I find, as is common with Thai reporting, multiple salient facts missing from the story which sounds extremely strange, and somewhat dubious.

I am sure the TVF sleuths will work it out in due course though. :smile:

Caucasian Americans, Australians and Canadians are European invaders really! ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Please keep us all updated on developments related to this story.

Something does not ring true here

It should actually be easy to catch whoever did it.  All the police have to do is wait until someone either pawns or sells a camera online.,  There are a lot of questions the first being why did he not fight back.

If he had his phone why was he not able to take a pic of his assailant? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It should actually be easy to catch whoever did it.  All the police have to do is wait until someone either pawns or sells a camera online.,  There are a lot of questions the first being why did he not fight back.

If he had his phone why was he not able to take a pic of his assailant? 

could be staged incident and he or friend still hane camera ezuipment

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Low class people, the boy get attacked and you try to make a joke about it , hope your not going to be the next because ,Thailanc start to be s little crazy with people try to survive,  hope he heal fast , once a Swiss drugs addict did the same to me , hit me from behind, I kicked the <deleted> out off him anded us up at the Policeoffice where he payef for his aggression 

• Like 2