Chiang Mai: "Farang" attacked me from behind, tried to kill me and robbed me, says bloodied Thai student

rooster59

Read a few posts ... skipped to page 7 ... have not seen one posting yet that accepts that in this big crazy world, yes ... it is actually possible for as Caucasian to mug a person for their camera and wallet ... or, if he was totally crazy ... just to kill him.  That's right folks ... criminals and lunatics come from every race, creed and culture.  Except of course on Thai Visa, where the entire conversation misses the possibility this may be TRUE ... and instead split hairs about "European" verses White .. or Caucasian .. or "Farang??"  No worries .. I just tune in every once in a while to see if the xenophobic self serving conversations will ever stop.  Not today! 555 Carry on gents!

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Theeraphat told Sanook that what he thought was a white European man

Read the story!

The “thaivisa translation” story. With special effects?

or 

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

I do not understand why some posters find it so difficult to believe that a Thai man could have been robbed by a white man. 

Because the TVF translation, based on a true story, say...

“Sanook made no mention of having contacted the police to confirm this story, notes Thaivisa.”

But, the true story, he did..

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/crime/1771963

B45E3FAC-674A-41C1-BC4E-0122ECB2D8F9.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I find, as is common with Thai reporting, multiple salient facts missing from the story which sounds extremely strange, 

Thai reporting? Or thaivisa reporting? From a westerner.

Thai reporting have the detail, facts, interview, video, photo etc

https://www.chiangmainews.co.th/page/archives/1264177

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

His camera, tripod, bad with two lenses and wallet were all missing. There was no sign of the assailant.

Um.....who leaves their wallet in their bag when they are going to put it down ?

I find this story very strange indeed, crunch...popcorn in mouth ????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thai reporting? Or thaivisa reporting? From a westerner.

Thai reporting have the detail, facts, interview, video, photo etc

https://www.chiangmainews.co.th/page/archives/1264177

That does not mean in FACT it was a farang does it?  hit from behind?  instead of debating the race of the person catch him if possible whatever his (or her) race.

22 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Not an Australian, American or Canadian then? Caucasian would have been a better term to use.

I find, as is common with Thai reporting, multiple salient facts missing from the story which sounds extremely strange, and somewhat dubious.

I am sure the TVF sleuths will work it out in due course though. :smile:

I suspect he meant English.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

They are almost certainly supporting a  and their largesse should be rewarded with grant of citizenship or at least PR.

A pr should be given instantly to those who are taking care of their ex bar hostess girlfriend and her several children from different men.

????????????????

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us wait, and see if this story has some validity. Could be a Smollett kind of deal. Or there could have been some sort of provocation. Or it could be real. If it is real, let us hope they catch this guy and lock him up. There is no place for this kind of thing here. 

If this is a Smollett-type case, he's a more convincing actor than the former Empire star. This student was covered in blood and had to be sent to hospital for his injuries (including, presumably, to the back of his head). Smollett was walking about with a rope around his neck. A little different...  

6 minutes ago, neeray said:

As many on the forum seem to doubt the veracity of this story, I ask my Thai partner to research Thai language news media and give me an opinion. She says the facts as stated are real.

How could she know that the facts stated are real ?

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How could she know that the facts stated are real ?

Opinion based on reading various Thai language articles. None were doubting the story.

Heh, I'm just the messenger here.

I ask for an opinion. I received an opinion.

Edited by neeray
add sentence.
  • Like 1