Chiang Mai: "Farang" attacked me from behind, tried to kill me and robbed me, says bloodied Thai student

rooster59

20 hours ago, emptypockets said:

The same way as you would have said Asian if it had happened to you.

How would you know what I would say? Fact is, your analogy is a poor one. I would simply state skin colour and hair and eyes and anything else I could remember if I survived an attack from some criminal. I would say the person was white, black, light brown, dark brown, etc... and what they were wearing.

Example:  If the guy was black... I would NOT say he looked African. I would say he was black. 
   If he was white... I would say he is white. I would not say he looked European. 
    However over the years I have become better at guessing which country an Asian person comes from.   Still wrong often,...but not as wrong as in the past.

And if the bad guy spoke and I recognized the language, I would mention that also.

By the way, Canadians and Americans are not usually European unless they were born there. I’m a white Canadian and although my distant ancestors were from Europe, I’ve never been to Europe in my life and probably never will be.

So you're all mocking this critically injured Thai and making fun of the fact that he almost lost his life as a result of this assault? But hey, why should I be surprised as this is ethically acceptable amongst some here.

Edited by mvdf
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mvdf said:

So you're all mocking this critically injured Thai and making fun of the fact that he almost lost his life as a result of this assault? But hey, why should I be surprised as this is ethically acceptable amongst some here.

No we are not all mocking him .

Some of us think that theres more to this story than he is saying .

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, Just Weird said:

Maybe, but the point is that the victim saw him.

If he didn’t hear him, or see his passport, there is not way he knows where he was from-impossible-all Americans (except natives) originally came from Europe 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:37 AM, sanuk711 said:

jussie smollett  ,,,,,comes to mind............:coffee1:

My thoughts exactly.

We're they wearing MAGA hats, said "this is MAGA country" and poured bleach on the kid after putting a noose around his neck?

On 2/15/2020 at 1:15 PM, Swede65 said:

What strike me as odd is that when he got back up he found the camera and WALLET was missing... Hmmm... Did he have his wallet out taking pictures of it or? Or did he lose it tumbling down? 

No matter what happened a sad story, either because it really happened or the need to make something up...

What's so odd about that?  He was severely assaulted and someone went through his pockets most likely and took the wallet and the camera.  Nothing unusual there.  When you have been bashed over the head, you most likely lose consciousness briefly as well and blood loss, shock etc. 

If you are posing a theory of the report being fictitious then we are likely looking at a case of Munchausen Syndrome, which is quite rare. Or insurance fraud. 

I very much doubt it MS.  I doubt it is an insurance job either.  But only the investigating police looking at all aspects of forensic evidence, and other evidence in a totally objective manner could form the most likely conclusion, not a Thai Visa couch potato typing away his/her theory based off a journalist report. 

Edited by aussienam

21 minutes ago, aussienam said:

What's so odd about that?  He was severely assaulted and someone went through his pockets most likely and took the wallet and the camera.  Nothing unusual there. 

Except that nobody went trough his pockets. So the odd thing is that he somehow had his wallet stolen too unless it was in a bag on the floor before getting hit.

Anyway, I do not doubt he lost items and that this happened to him but would think it is very strange for a Farang to be on top of the mountain, just to wait for someone and club him/her, to then only get a camera lens and wallet containing perhaps 1K baht max? Would make more sense for a poor local to do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aussienam said:

What strike me as odd is that when he got back up he found the camera and WALLET was missing... Hmmm... Did he have his wallet out taking pictures of it or? Or did he lose it tumbling down? 

I thnk I read that he rolled down an embankment, perfectly likely his fell out of his clothing,camera equipment top of embankment, alledged assailant makes off with the equipment. Victim left.

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

money owed ....  and made the story up ... 

Money owed to a farang lover? Could be a love triangle involving a macho type thai and a lonely farang. Things got bad for this two timing cheating thai student.

Edited by lovethai123

many mentions of people saying this never happened and it is false claim, and all complain and get upset.

But when an farang gets robbed, I always see comments saying they made It up.

In conclusion Thais can never rob,and Europeans either. It must be an alien.

Edited by ta158
  • Thanks 1

I am sure that the CCTV recordings so wisely installed literally everywhere will reveal it all ........ unless Somchai sold cameras and installed dummies ???? 

The story stinks to heaven, how can a student distinguish a Caucasian from an European and, unless the attacker had a personal vendetta it might be less than likely, that the attacker was an alien. 

Possibly not all facts are revealed but keep the farang bashing going, excellent to separate the slime from quality tourism.