Money transfer to Thailand...Retirement Visa Requirements

SuttonLad

Hello All,

I am presently transferring in Thai Baht from HSBC UK to Krungsri Bank and being hit by a dual receiving charge of 1.

25% of money transfer for which I cannot obtain a clear explanation. If I use transferwise will this be accepted by immigration as international transfer for visa requirement and will the bank issue a transfer letter?

Poor and distressed M.

Edited by SuttonLad
Forgot the dot in 1.25%

That would be point (.25% - 1/4 of one percent) and is the normal fee for incoming funds at Thai bank.  Normally in range 200 to 500 baht per exchange.  Other fees would be from HSBC and any bank they use for transfer.  You will have to ask your bank if they will issue letter of foreign deposits using Transferwise.  Transferwise will provide receipts that immigration may take into consideration with a normal bank letter of deposits if bank can not state they are foreign.  But all in all it remains a bit of a black hole.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Why don't you try a test transfer of a lessor amount to see how it is recorded on your account.  Mine with BKK bank always clearly says " international transfer".

That appears to be unique to Bangkok Bank if selecting long stay in Thailand as the reason for Transferwise transfer.