Home delivery! Drug dealer tells cops how he ordered an M-16 war weapon online for just 26,000 baht

rooster59

22 minutes ago, legend49 said:

If you believe that price for genuine M16 then you must believe in fairies my 9mm Glock was more expensive and it was bought through a Thai family after I was given the catalogue and price lists.

You do realize that the law was changed in 2017 and that foreigners cannot legally own guns in Thailand now?

Or is it registered to your wife?

I have Thai friends who shoot, some very wealthy. They rent the guns and won't buy because they say the prices here are stupidly high.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

Anyone who owns a gun is asking for trouble! I hope that someone will be knocking on your door very soon, as Foreigners can no longer own guns of any description! If you want my advice go and hand it over to the police immediately.

Very PC ????

Couple of small issues, you do realise the "Police" are the biggest criminal organisation in the country.

What about all the crimes that are stopped in the early stages as "citizens" are carrying guns? you have probably not read about the multiple times this happens as off course it is not PC.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Drug dealer tells cops how he ordered an M-16 war weapon online

Back to the OP, I'm amazed at the stuff I've been able to order online, and have delivered in the post to Thailand using the ubiquitous 'stealthy packaging'. Not quite worked my way up to automatic weapons yet, wonder if I can find a rocket launcher?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Anything worth having on Lazada?

Not now that China has pulled out of online selling, although Lazada was always a bit uptight.

Before the virus Shoppee, AliExpress and Facebook marketplace sold all sorts of naughty stuff. 

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Back to the OP, I'm amazed at the stuff I've been able to order online, and have delivered in the post to Thailand using the ubiquitous 'stealthy packaging'. Not quite worked my way up to automatic weapons yet, wonder if I can find a rocket launcher?

It wasn't "ordered online" like on lazada or something on the dark web, it was ordered using a phone app. The headline seems like clickbait.

True though, you can still find "amazing" things on shopee and ali in some places.

Edited by Jare

4 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Anyone who owns a gun is asking for trouble! I hope that someone will be knocking on your door very soon, as Foreigners can no longer own guns of any description! If you want my advice go and hand it over to the police immediately.

Whoa!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yme said:

Watching what's going on in China at the moment I think there are merits for owning a gun all of a sudden. And baseball bats, golf clubs, marbles, angle grinders, rope...

Verily, and difficult to go wrong w/an angle grinder :clap2:

Edited by Dap

4 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

An M16 is a designation for a military weapon.  So this rifle came from a military source.

An M16 was seized from a Nun last year, its could be the same weapon just doing the rounds.

Edited by Don Mega

18 hours ago, legend49 said:

If you believe that price for genuine M16 then you must believe in fairies my 9mm Glock was more expensive and it was bought through a Thai family after I was given the catalogue and price lists.

When a weapon is HOT, catalogue pricing doesn't necessarily enter into the equation.

That 26,000 baht buys a lot of yaba for the weapon seller.

12 hours ago, Yme said:

Watching what's going on in China at the moment I think there are merits for owning a gun all of a sudden. And baseball bats, golf clubs, marbles, angle grinders, rope...

Elaborate please.

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

Living  in a convent can be a bit dangerous, but why would a nun need an M16?

????

I'd have to find the news article but from memory a few bags of Yaba pills were also seized.... prolly had the weapon to protect her stash !!

18 hours ago, legend49 said:

Glock sidearms new are anything up to 150k due to taxation, knock 50% off if purchased by police or military...The M16 this guy bought was on the black market so price is believable.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:18 PM, baansgr said:

Glock sidearms new are anything up to 150k due to taxation, knock 50% off if purchased by police or military...The M16 this guy bought was on the black market so price is believable.

Wow, lots of tax and middleman markups.  In the US, I can get a new Glock 19 or an AR-15 type rifle (semi-auto M-16 clone) for 15,500 Baht. A Glock 17 is about 17,000.  A law enforcement trade-in is about 12,000.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, graemeaylward said:

While I am not necessarily pro gun, your use of exclamation points makes you seem very shrill indeed.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:35 PM, BritManToo said:

You had any sucess with medical grade bud? That is the only thing I miss from the philipines.