Nothing illegal found after police raid short time hotels in Pattaya

rooster59

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

They need somewhere for the highly publicised 'lap nai'. Instead of crashing into a vehicle, they can crash out on the bed. Seems obvious.

We should give them a guided tour to show them the nightlife in Pattaya. But if we have bad luck the bars might be closed on this day. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

illegal and immoral acts on Valentine’s Day.

Should that have been: "illegal and immoral acts by Pattaya's standards on Valentine’s Day."

Is there a law that outlaws immoral acts conducted in private?

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thaivisa readers will be relieved to learn that nothing untoward, nor any acts of immorality and certainly nothing illegal was found by officers during the inspection.

So the short time hotels [oddly named] are also having a hard time !

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is my biggest fear being caught up in one of these raids and a photo of me in my underwear sitting on a bed in a short time room with three girls pointing at me being put on Thai Visa and everyone would know it was me because I am so handsome. 

You have nothing to worry about. The police own most of these establishments. It's called putting on a show.

Three girls? Contemporaneously, or sequentially?

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:
2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Is there a law that outlaws immoral acts conducted in private?

Yes, if those involved are underage and sex is involved.

My comment was in reply too the quote:- "illegal and immoral acts"

Yes what you say is true sex between or involving a minor is illegal, but apart from incest what other sex act is illegal?

But the original quote was "illegal and immoral acts" because something is immoral does not make it illegal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is my biggest fear being caught up in one of these raids and a photo of me in my underwear sitting on a bed in a short time room with three girls pointing at me being put on Thai Visa and everyone would know it was me because I am so handsome. 

Would you be embarrassed about the small amount of pixelation needed in that photograph?  ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

have not rented room to teenagers under the age of 20 or that no other form of sexual crimes are taking place. 

<deleted>! 18 is acceptable for a romping session. This government and their Holy High Arsenine BS is so …………. This country was built on romping. 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Rooster how on earth did you keep a straight face when writing the above article?

You have written some cracking articles on here, but this is your best yet.

Nothing illegal/ immoral found.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I was surprised to see that there was no suspicious brown envelopes found.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

Really??? Then why were the police checking there??? ????????????????

Yes, really, hotels with short time rooms are not illegal; the police were checking for underage people on Valentine's Day!  That's why, as the OP very clearly stated.

Edited by Just Weird

The only thing they found were dirty sheets and towels.maybe the odd thai high up in some jobs were warned about this so no visit that day with the girlfriend.really just as bad as the bridge club raid.this one is on par with bridge club and thinking they were gambling.short time rooms every where must be worried now.

I stay in a hotel in bkk tourist stay upstairs.downstairs short time rooms.basic with that strange smell they have.was always busy when tourist were about.not now of course.no one cared or bothered what went on in those rooms.why now