Jump to content

Court Decree for Sole Custody

Recommended Posts

I am in process of helping my sister in law apply for a Schengen visa. She is travelling with her 10 year old daughter. She has sole custody of the girl.

VFS require a court decree confirming her status as sole guardian which needs to be legalised by the Min of Foreign Affairs. Does anyone have a court decree about custody that they can share? It does not need to be sole custody. I need to show this to my SIL so she understands what we need from the court .


She has a Report of Proceedings issued by the court which refers to her sole custody which she thinks is sufficient evidence. I don't agree and I think VFS will say the same. I believe she needs a Decree clearly confirming her status.


There is the option of obtaining a consent to travel letter signed by the father issued by the District Office but mother/father not communicating



Edited by pj123

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If she have been through the court proceedings which includes going having an interview with the Children's Welfare and having a court hearing she can go to the court where she got the order and get a copy there


The court order is signed off by 4 Judges and have a red stamp on both papers half on each I not know if it is the same in all courts



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...