BANGKOK
Rimmer

Pattaya pushed to integrate agencies to reduce road deaths

Pattaya pushed to integrate agencies to reduce road deaths

1372-N2-Feb-11-01-Networking-3.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya area’s many police, medical and regulatory offices must work together to reduce deadly traffic accidents, a Transport Ministry official said.

Speaking at a Feb. 11 Road Traffic Injuries workshop at Pattaya City Hall, ministry Road Safety Fund Committee member Anucha Settasatien said Thailand has launched an initiative to integrate efforts to reduce road deaths at the local level and in big cities.

The goal is to reduce road deaths to less than 60 people per 100,000 vehicles per year. The World Health Organization said Thailand’s rate was at 60.2 in 2016. Fatalities per 100,000 people was 32.7 per 100,000 people, nearly double the global average of 17.4 and one of the worst in the world.

Chairing the meeting, Banglamung District Chief Amnart Charoensri said the district already has opened a road safety operations center which collects statistical information on road accidents for analysis and use in designing processes to present the loss of life and property on the road.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-pushed-to-integrate-agencies-to-reduce-road-deaths-287792

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-02-15—

• Sad 1

The baht bus system is great, but metered taxis would also go a long way to reducing injury and death on the roads here. 

The only way to reduce deaths on the road here is   better  road  users,   I  dislike to call them "drivers" because they are not ......Start by  sacking every driving examiner at the land transport offices... because of these people we have so many idiots  playing with everyone elses lives..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, transam said:

I wonder why this country does not understand that their problem is no Police on the street 24/7 doing the job of policing.....

It is sooooooooooooooo simple to work out, but I don't think anybody is really interested..

Pattaya basically has round the clock police stops and check points.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Pattaya basically has round the clock police stops and check points.

Where ALL folk know where they are, except the really p_ssed ones...........🙄

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Where ALL folk know where they are, except the really p_ssed ones...........🙄

Whilst they do have the main area's they like to set up at they often do random ones as well.

Police presence is fairly high here in Pattaya,The rest of the country should do the same.

I don't know anyone that goes out to a bar anymore prefering to stay home and have a drink, nor any that will have a beer or wine if going out for dinner.... Which is a good thing I guess.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Whilst they do have the main area's they like to set up at they often do random ones as well.

Police presence is fairly high here in Pattaya,The rest of the country should do the same.

Then why this topic, it seems Patts has a serious ploblem, even though they have your zillion check points that do not work...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Then why this topic, it seems Patts has a serious ploblem, even though they have your zillion check points that do not work...

Wgo said it does not  work.... I don't know anyone that dares go near a road even if only had 1 beer.... Ditto for those that don't have a licence (scored me some cheap scoots as they sold them !!).

FWIW I don't think Pattaya is the only place in the country that has road deaths.... but hey the thread is about Pattaya !!

Edited by Don Mega

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Wgo said it does not  work.... I don't know anyone that dares go near a road even if only had 1 beer.... Ditto for those that don't have a licence (scored me some cheap scoots as they sold them !!).

Where I am we have road blocks, we all know where they set up shop, the whole town knows in no time where they are. Road blocks do not work, in Patts they do not work. They should have cops out on the road the same as most countries do..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Where I am we have road blocks, we all know where they set up shop, the whole town knows in no time where they are. Road blocks do not work, in Patts they do not work. They should have cops out on the road the same as most countries do..

How much time do you spend in Patts to base that claim on ?