Marriage extension at P/Thani last week

The stamp in my passport, after application submitted last January, was "under consideration" until 13th Feb. But they said to call before coming.

So I called late afternoon (before closing time) on 12th. "Nothing received yet".

Called again 9am on 13th, "yes we have it, come in". !

All in all , not too bad. Office not busy, but still took 1.5hrs to get my stamp, do re~entry visa, and, just because I was there, a 90 day report.

Young Male IO, friendly, with ok English,  did the extension stamp and re entry visa.

No Tips signs have vanished , but I let him keep the B200 change, as he was very polite and obliging.

The 90days report room was a different matter with several bored, slack, female IOs doing next to nothing . Grim faces .

Seemed to be "agents" or whatever submitting piles of TM30 forms. They alone took up 2 of the 3 (working?) ladies time forever. Saw several B1000 notes changing hands? For what? TM30? 90 days report.

These are free.

Anyway all done until next year.

Will do next 90 report by mail or online.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

Young Male IO, friendly, with ok English,  did the extension stamp and re entry visa.

No Tips signs have vanished , but I let him keep the B200 change, as he was very polite and obliging.

Should have asked if he could 'help you' with the 90 day report.

5 hours ago, Mansell said:

Any mention of health insurance?

The OP is also completely silent on matters which are of far greater relevance to a marriage extension than health insurance: namely whether he had to take along witnesses to vouch for the authenticity of his marriage when he submitted his application a month ago; whether Immigration subsequently performed a home visit; and whether his witnesses also needed to be present and correct at this home visit.

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to #OJAS above.

He may not have read my original post regarding submitting my 'Application in mid January,(my 5th), but no witnesses required to attend that day.

Wife had to a accompany me, and of course proof of marriage is in the kor sor2 (?) Obtained a day earlier from the local amphur confirming our still valid marriage.

Yes we has house visit (same every year) and , yes, had 2 neighbors attend when IOs arrived.

Hope this has cleared it up for him.

But every IO is different,  thus is how ours (PT) works.