BANGKOK
rooster59

The week that was in Thailand news: When it rains it pours! Thailand facing its own "Annus Horribilis"

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

wish we could get a downpour in my neck of the woods in Isan, my drinking water (rain water) is running out.

I am in Jomtien, and it's dry here as well. Can't remember the last time it rained during the day. 

Seems like Rooster has joined the rest of us "Curmudgeons" ... First article of his in a long time that hasn't mocked his readers

• Like 1

"Virtually abandoned the spouting of nonsensical figures."

'Bout time and all! 

Suck it up boys.....Well deserved...... let's just hope when the April heat comes on the locals will eventually grow the nads to boot out the chancers in green.....

• Like 1

Thank you Rooster for this Sunday entertainment. Well done.

I suppose this time you got some help from a professional? 

Good style. Would like to read more! Congrats 😊😊😊😍

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Thank you Rooster for this Sunday entertainment. Well done.

I suppose this time you got some help from a professional? 

Good style. Would like to read more! Congrats 😊😊😊😍

No one ever said he was schizophrenic?

The land of smiles .  Grinning from ear to ear . Love thailand . Buy the way im from a place where if you smile at a stranger they cut your balls out and choke you with them . Love thais and thailand smole on bros .

55 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

No one ever said he was schizophrenic?

That's true. Why you ask that? 

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's true. Why you ask that? 

It loses something when you need to explain. You said:

'I suppose this time you got some help from a professional?'

Just my alleged sense of humour.

Thailand,s biggest enemy is the disgusting attitude of the greeting non smiling faces of the morons at immigration desks in the airport ! They say that the most terrifying thing in the world is ignorance in action, but here we have ignorance in action plus total omnipotence, much scarier by far ! They should all be fired, and replaced by caring souls that realize there is no greater asset than any tourist who comes here with the object of having a good time and spending money 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Thailand,s biggest enemy is the disgusting attitude of the greeting non smiling faces of the morons at immigration desks in the airport ! They say that the most terrifying thing in the world is ignorance in action, but here we have ignorance in action plus total omnipotence, much scarier by far ! They should all be fired, and replaced by caring souls that realize there is no greater asset than any tourist who comes here with the object of having a good time and spending money 🙂

Immigration officers all over the world can appear a but gruff. I find if you smile and give them a cheery greeting you often get one in return. Don't overdo it though.....they might think you have something to hide...

Rooster

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed this week's article - from start to finish

From the comments, it would appear that many of the writers are not familiar with Latin and put their own interpretation on the language.  The expression used by Rooster, "Annus Horribilis", has nothing to do with any part of the body, human or not.  In fact, it is translated into English as "The year is horrible", and both Queen Elizabeth and Rooster where correct when using that expression.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1