Thailand reports one new case of coronavirus, brings total to 34

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, saengd said:

Just setting aside for a moment the theory that the WHO and every country in the world where the virus has been found are working together to cover up a large scale pandemic and the numbers are being substantially under reported....some observations:

Looking at the WHO daily SITREP it seems as though there is a distinct slowing in the total number of new cases and new deaths.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200215-sitrep-26-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=a4cc6787_2

It appears that all the deaths thus far have been Chinese people.

In a video interview, a Professor from Queens College London suggested that the epidemic in China would go into decline and that epidemics in other countries such as the UK would start to show an increase in the number of cases, similar to the pattern in China. It will be extremely interesting to see if this theory proves to be correct.

The good professor also went on to say that only something like only 10% of the total number of cases has been captured and reported, based on past experience. That does not imply however that the number of deaths has also been unreported since unreported cases will include those where there are no symptoms etc. and death is very clearly a symptom!!! My take on all of that is that the true fatality rate is far lower than than currently stated since the true number of cases would be 665,670 rather than 66,567 but the death rate would remain at 1,524.

Yes, avoid advice from WHO at all costs. The Chinese have said that they are just guessing - there could well be ten or twenty times the number of confirmed and even suspected infected people in total.

That's actually good news, as current figures suggest 2% fatality, but if it's underreported by 10 times, that figure falls to 0.2%.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben2talk said:

Yes, avoid advice from WHO at all costs. The Chinese have said that they are just guessing - there could well be ten or twenty times the number of confirmed and even suspected infected people in total.

That's actually good news, as current figures suggest 2% fatality, but if it's underreported by 10 times, that figure falls to 0.2%.

I don't suggest for one second that anyone ignore the advice of the WHO, it's called the World Health Organisation for a good reason.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, saengd said:

I don't suggest for one second that anyone ignore the advice of the WHO, it's called the World Health Organisation for a good reason.

The problem with WHO is that they are a slow, bureacratic and politicized agency. By the time they arrive to a conclusion human kind will have gone extinct. Some national bodies like Singapore's Ministry of Health didn't waffle around, they did what they needed to do ASAP. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, saengd said:

In a video interview, a Professor from Queens College London suggested that the epidemic in China would go into decline and that epidemics in other countries such as the UK would start to show an increase in the number of cases, similar to the pattern in China. It will be extremely interesting to see if this theory proves to be correct.

Herd immunity would do exactly that, first on local level and then in larger cells. I think I'd rather have a local epidemic than millions of surviving Chinese filling up the spaces though.

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Herd immunity would do exactly that, first on local level and then in larger cells. I think I'd rather have a local epidemic than millions of surviving Chinese filling up the spaces though.

I'm building one of these and attaching it my hat with a backpack battery. Seriously, I wonder of such personal devices are even possible:

https://www.genengnews.com/topics/translational-medicine/uv-light-that-is-safe-for-humans-but-bad-for-bacteria-and-viruses/

7 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Must be false news as we have our very own TV member from Sattahip that has it

No we do not, we have a member who has been diagnosed with the flu, he does not have the flu virus that is currently running rampant out of China, that has been proven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The problem with WHO is that they are a slow, bureacratic and politicized agency. By the time they arrive to a conclusion human kind will have gone extinct. Some national bodies like Singapore's Ministry of Health didn't waffle around, they did what they needed to do ASAP. 

The WHO is not meant to replace countries health authorities, they are meant to be a central coordinator, advice consolidator, central reporting mechanism etc etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, saengd said:

I'm building one of these and attaching it my hat with a backpack battery. Seriously, I wonder of such personal devices are even possible:

https://www.genengnews.com/topics/translational-medicine/uv-light-that-is-safe-for-humans-but-bad-for-bacteria-and-viruses/

Through enough money at it and anything is possible ???? . Maybe a new idea we will soon see on Kickstarter ...

19 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

ok ... But it does not say it was the C-19 strand which is what came out of China ... same same but different ...

If you read the thread you'll see that the OP was tested on site whereas the only place that can test for coronavirus is in Bangkok. He was also told to stay home rather than be isolated, all the indications are that he has the common or garden flu, albeit from the same family of viruses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

Yes that is completely right unfortunately the deaths are under reported, too and may be on a much greater height. So no good news for now.

1 hour ago, saengd said:

If the WHO would do it's work it doesn't praise the Cinese for the great work. If the WHO would do its job there would be already worldwide standards for criteria of suspects, testing and tracing in place. As far as I know this is not the case so every country is doing what they can / want do. Compare the numbers of cases of different countries just doesn't make sense. Welcome to the globalized world.

1 minute ago, Haecksler said:

If the WHO would do it's work it doesn't praise the Cinese for the great work. If the WHO would do its job there would be already worldwide standards for criteria of suspects, testing and tracing in place. As far as I know this is not the case so every country is doing what they can / want do. Compare the numbers of cases of different countries just doesn't make sense. Welcome to the globalized world.

Where's your proof the deaths are under reported?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Haecksler said:

Every media reported that I really don't want to go through that again. That is already weeks old.

Blah blah, so none then! Folks should calm down and quit spreading hearsay, it's not helpful.

18 minutes ago, saengd said:

Blah blah, so none then! Folks should calm down and quit spreading hearsay, it's not helpful.

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/how-china-hiding-true-number-coronavirus-deaths

https://coercioncode.com/2020/01/27/china-is-hiding-the-true-number-of-coronavirus-deaths/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/wuhan-coronavirus-crematoriums-working-247-21434630

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

An also something from WHO and how CCP is working.

Are you happy now? You should also look at some earlier posts but I guess you won't bother.

41 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

From your link:

"Officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believe the COVID-19 infection numbers are actually much higher than the Chinese government is reporting".

And I think I have the winning lottery numbers for next week!

14 minutes ago, Haecksler said:

Zero Hedge and the Daily Star, are you for real!

Look, we can all suspect all we want but it doesn't mean beans until it is proved to be real, not I think it's could be real, maybe.

50 minutes ago, saengd said:

Zero Hedge and the Daily Star, are you for real!

Look, we can all suspect all we want but it doesn't mean beans until it is proved to be real, not I think it's could be real, maybe.

Then better believe the CCP good luck with that. There is nothing proved and never will. The bodies are burned right away and unlikely they will test on corpse. Sorry for posting unreliable resources but this topic is just to old. Just think logic: They admit that they struggle with the detection of cases and now change this. So do you really think they test all deaths? We don't believe the amount of cases but we believe the amount of deaths? how that?

Thailand just can,t seem to get enough foreign tourists. Lets try for sixty million and cover every square inch of land in foreigners. Bhutan is the only country in the region that has its act together. They realize foreign influence only destroys a countries culture. We certainly did a great job screwing up the Thais. Ever notice how many Thai women now copy foreign women's attitudes. I encountered a real nasty foreign creature the other day and i swore the paint was going to start melting off the walls. What a B !

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

So presumably you'll spend a few days travellig on Thai buses with no face-mask then.

Please get with the program, I for one believe you're being deliberately lied to by a mendacious government which is more concerned with retaining the face of the PM than with protecting the Thai people.

4 hours ago, saengd said:

Where's your proof the deaths are under reported?

The proof is relatively simple, though under reporting would surprise few given China's history.  Until a couple of days ago and the large increase, the reported number of deaths was rising as a perfect, smooth, simple math function, which is virtually impossible considering the chaos in Wuhan and the noise in all the other numbers. The the number of deaths could not be real.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, saengd said:

Where's your proof that is the case?

Ah the proof, the proof !

Let's talk about... statistics ? Perhaps it could help.

Number of chinese tourists in 2019, and number of "confirmed cases" 

source :
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

COLD WEATHER
Japan... 4,5 millions... 39 cases (we do not count the ship)
South Korea 5,5 millions... 29 cases

WARM WEATHER
Singapore 3,4 millions... 75 cases
Malaysia 3,1 millions.... 22 cases

And our favorite...
Thailand 11 millions... 34 cases

Let's a play a game... Do you think it's only "good luck" ? Or the smell of som tam ? Or our amulets ?

????

Furthermore, you should study the many cases that are well documented.

Japan, Singapore, France, etc.

And then you would see some striking things :

-a whole ship....(Japan) 1000 tested... 374 infected... total 3700 on board

-a family who share a meal (Hong Kong).... 9 infected.

-people who pray... in a church (Singapore).... boum.... 18, yes total 18 infected !

https://bnonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2162020Cases.pdf

They do practice deep french kissing in the church ? They share "sport sweat" in a church ?

-people who take a taxi (Japan, Thailand)... infected.

MEANWHILE IN CHINA

(the list is too long)... When you see on an official, censored, chinese media, some words like "wartime", or "ban of private cars in Hubei province (58 millions people) or "10 cities in Central China's Hubei Province suspended selling medicines for fever and cough amid the COVID-19 outbreak, urging people who have such symptoms to go to hospital as soon as possible." or "Fang Cang makeshift hospitals in epicenter #Wuhan will offer 13,001 more beds in the next 3 days. The city has established 11 Fang Cang hospitals, with 20,461 beds planned to treat coronvairus patients" (but we thought it was contained ? Need 13 000 more beds ???) etc.

The list goes on, on goes on.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1177737.shtml

What is this media ? "a daily tabloid newspaper under the auspices of the Chinese Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper"

Offical enough for you ?

Now... Cross those facts, with the other facts (number of chinese tourists, direct flights from Wuhan, large urban environment AKA Bangkok, many places crowded, and with air con etc.).... and then you should hear some bells.

You might even start to understand that we are probably in a deep, a very deep pool of fecal matters....! 

Just plain common sense.

But I do agree with you... From a statistical point of view, perhaps Thailand managed to avoid those damned chinese superspreaders. Perhaps because the air is very dry, it helped.

Fair enough.

But what are.. the odds ? Like to win a lotery ticket ?

Last but not least.... We do have a "flu season" here... And it start... with the rainy season.

Will the crisis be over then ?

Or will it "kick start" a second wave ?

• Thanks 1