Jump to content
BANGKOK
atyclb

Bangkok Dentist Rant

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, pitrevie said:

I agree with that, the dentist I have used in Bangkok for many years is top notch the best if I have used. I have recommended him to several visiting friends and all speak very highly of him. 

Would you mind naming him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

what is a "hotwire"?

... the element used to burn (kill) the nerve 

 

when in action, you would be hard pressed, to not notice the whisps of smoke, and the smell...  

 

 

?maybe they do it differently these days? my root canal memories go back to 1979 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tifino said:
25 minutes ago, atyclb said:

what is a "hotwire"?

... the element used to burn (kill) the nerve 

 

when in action, you would be hard pressed, to not notice the whisps of smoke, and the smell...  

 

 

?maybe they do it differently these days? my root canal memories go back to 1979 

no such thing that i can find.  post a link to hotwire for rct even if historic

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Beggar said:

What is PI? Here in Thailand I avoid the dentists in the private hospitals. They are really expensive. For implants I know a very good dentist here in Pattaya. Just talked to a German guy and his implant needs to be replaced after 7 years. He will do it for free. 

PI-Philippines....I dont need implants....thats it, all they wanna do is pull your teeth out and do implants...theyve never heard of fillings or capping.

.honestly tried over 20 in pattaya and all a load of rubbish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, baansgr said:
1 hour ago, Beggar said:

What is PI? Here in Thailand I avoid the dentists in the private hospitals. They are really expensive. For implants I know a very good dentist here in Pattaya. Just talked to a German guy and his implant needs to be replaced after 7 years. He will do it for free. 

PI-Philippines....I dont need implants....thats it, all they wanna do is pull your teeth out and do implants...theyve never heard of fillings or capping.

.honestly tried over 20 in pattaya and all a load of rubbish

 

implants are very profitable but if the tooth foundation and root is in good shape why pull it out? cap / crown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, baansgr said:

PI-Philippines....I dont need implants....thats it, all they wanna do is pull your teeth out and do implants...theyve never heard of fillings or capping.

.honestly tried over 20 in pattaya and all a load of rubbish

Philippines has excellent doctors - dentists and others. This was my experience too. The worst thing in Thailand was a diagnosed lung cancer. I showed the scans to a professor in Manila. He was laughing. He said they tried to rip me off and gave me Ibuprofen for three days and the pain in my breast was gone. And you are right. It took a me a while until I found this one guy here in Pattaya. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You obviously went to the wrong dentist....

 

 

Dentist distraction.jpg

Where is it?  P L E A S E  send me the number! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm totally lost. If that's how you explained your problem to the dentist I'm sure everything can go wrong.

 

What's the problem? They did an x-ray and you're complaining about it OR did the opposite side?

 

Was a a well known hospital? LARGE well known clinic?

 

As was stated just bc a tooth hurts does not necessarily mean that tooth has the issue.

 

I had a very expensive root canal done here at the old Dental Clinic. The woman who did it was a bit of a bit** but good work. Root canals are nothing to cheap out on.

 

Just go to Vietnam...I'm sure they're having a big sale on dental procedures of late 19th century.

 

Great dentists here, but you have to pay for them. It's about 30% less than states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tifino said:

do it differently these days?

1979 yes, far more advanced techniques. Vietnam prolly 1960s East German training.

 

Yes in Thailand they will do it using a scope if you go to the right place. Otherwise it's just wish and prayer they have all the infection and bad pulp out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Where is it?  P L E A S E  send me the number! 

Why, do you want to Root her Canal?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

 

I'm totally lost. If that's how you explained your problem to the dentist I'm sure everything can go wrong.

i also provided a clear and detailed HPI

 

 

Quote

What's the problem? They did an x-ray and you're complaining about it OR did the opposite side?

 

Was a a well known hospital? LARGE well known clinic?

a well known mall dental practice

 

 

 

Quote

As was stated just bc a tooth hurts does not necessarily mean that tooth has the issue.

 

if one particular tooth hurts spontaneously, hurts if tapped, hurts if used to chew food, hurts if in contact with cold  what would you say is the non tooth etiology?

 

its ok feel free to list multiple possibilities that come to mind aka DDX

 

Quote

 

I had a very expensive root canal done here at the old Dental Clinic. The woman who did it was a bit of a bit** but good work. Root canals are nothing to cheap out on.

a high price does in no way insure a good result. 

 

 

Quote

 

Just go to Vietnam...I'm sure they're having a big sale on dental procedures of late 19th century.

 

i have had multiple crowns, 2 root canals, cavities, and scaling with my vietnam dentist. she speaks english great and explains everything like a dental school professor does and the office is 21st century modern and has japanese technology including digital xray and lots more. actually more advanced than my usa dentist had.

 

"dental procedures of late 19th century"  just silly and ignorant

 

 

Quote

 

Great dentists here, but you have to pay for them. It's about 30% less than states.

 

Edited by atyclb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Number 6 said:
2 hours ago, tifino said:

do it differently these days?

1979 yes, far more advanced techniques. Vietnam prolly 1960s East German training.

 

Yes in Thailand they will do it using a scope if you go to the right place. Otherwise it's just wish and prayer they have all the infection and bad pulp out.

 

a dom is the exception and not the rule. vast majority of rct in thailand are done without dom's and like the rest of the world have a high success rate.

 

a rct should be thorough and meticulous and has antiseptic lavage as well  far from being a prayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

no such thing that i can find.  post a link to hotwire for rct even if historic

 

 

being mine was 40+ years ago, recalling full detail is understandably tedious...

Mine was done by military uniformed dentist. 

Never saw directly what the instrument looked like, and being he was an Officer, it was a matter of stay quiet, and open your mouth. So all I gathered was via open ears.

Anyways, I have been trying for links, but the only reference to some toll in the RCT treatment; is the Ultrasonic one. This instrument produced Heat via Friction

Dunno... it was sooo long ago. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4963757/ 

 

this following, is an extract of the above:

[quote]Ultrasonic instrument removed more material from the root canals within short period and produced very little extrusion. The ultrasonic vibration from the ultrasonic tip promoted the displacement of filling material from the root canal walls facilitating sealer removal and frictional heat produced by ultrasonic instrument causes synergistic effect on gutta-percha leading to softening and displacement of gutta-percha from the root canal [13]. [quote]

 

I only remember the dentist mentioning 'Heat/Burning'

and that I saw smoke... 

 

maybe for the time, the Ultrasonic was at the time, a new fangled method trialled?

 

The military can be known as an adventurous lot! and willing to experiment

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tifino said:

being mine was 40+ years ago, recalling full detail is understandably tedious...

Mine was done by military uniformed dentist. 

Never saw directly what the instrument looked like, and being he was an Officer, it was a matter of stay quiet, and open your mouth. So all I gathered was via open ears.

Anyways, I have been trying for links, but the only reference to some toll in the RCT treatment; is the Ultrasonic one. This instrument produced Heat via Friction

Dunno... it was sooo long ago. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4963757/ 

 

this following, is an extract of the above:

[quote]Ultrasonic instrument removed more material from the root canals within short period and produced very little extrusion. The ultrasonic vibration from the ultrasonic tip promoted the displacement of filling material from the root canal walls facilitating sealer removal and frictional heat produced by ultrasonic instrument causes synergistic effect on gutta-percha leading to softening and displacement of gutta-percha from the root canal [13]. [quote]

 

I only remember the dentist mentioning 'Heat/Burning'

and that I saw smoke... 

 

maybe for the time, the Ultrasonic was at the time, a new fangled method trialled?

 

The military can be known as an adventurous lot! and willing to experiment

 

 

 

 

 

 

heat by friction is a lot different than what you described; heated wife/filament

 

sound like standard motorized pulp file.  motor spins flexible file that inserts in root canal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...