Thailand to recruit 10,000 foreign teachers to boost English standards of Thai kids

rooster59

3 hours ago, Penefattore said:

If Thailand needs more English teachers why does Immigration arrest them for not having a Work Permit ? And why the minimum salary limit for WP is put at 50,000 baht , an amount that many schools cannot afford to pay ?

I would say you guys need more to live on than I do but the immigration say I need 65,000 per month in my bank account

• 6 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, AndyFoxy said:

I see in the paper today that this 10,000 teachers thing has come up again. Why would any qualified teacher work here? Are pay rates going to be dramatically increased?

Many seem to be from the Philippines and even Africa! I must say the only kid (8 years old) I have met for a long time whose English was impressive has a Philippine teacher at a Sarasas school. Never met a kid from a government school than was fluent, although I'm sure there are some, who probably got where they are in spite of the 'lessons'.

4 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

tefl students will head to japan where the wedge is better

money, working conditions, work opportunities, quality of employer, benefits all generally better in japan, korea, china, vietnam... but if you want to make money work in europe. far too many efl 'teachers' are nothing of the sort in thailand.