i got 99 black list and i have Thai baby what i do?

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure you actually have been banned for 99 years for working without a work permit. It is normally much less than that if any.

You need to have somebody check with immigration here to confirm it.

yes that what tham told me 

thai embassy cannot help me ? 

1 hour ago, lirans1 said:

immigration Catch me work without work permit 

i stay 8 night at idc jail (hell) in Bangkok and after flight to home country 

in air port immigration told me i have 99 yer black list

I always thought it was the labour department looking for illegal foreign workers?

Don't they write the blacklist details in your passport?

Story seems unlikely.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always thought it was the labour department looking for illegal foreign workers?

Don't they write the blacklist details in your passport?

Story seems unlikely.

Agreed..... Story seems unlikely. I never heard of immigration getting involved with work permits either???

If true, he can change his name by Deed Poll (or have a solicitor do it), then get a new passport in his new name. Assuming they have not scanned your fingerprints?

Edited by DaRoadrunner

11 hours ago, lirans1 said:

Who told you about the 99 years?

You wrote this that leads me to think it was immigration in your home country.

12 hours ago, lirans1 said:

after flight to home country 

in air port immigration told me i have 99 yer black list

A Thai embassy cannot help you with immigration problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You do understand the fingerprints are only linked to your passport number.

To pick a random persons fingerprints and attach a name takes many hours of computer time.

The only red flag would be raised if someone with different fingerprints tried to enter on your passport.

(Assuming the scanners actually work)

It doesn't work like this. The system has been put in place to defeat fake passport. I'm not sure what implementation is used but if a database is too slow then a bloom filter can be used to search a huge amount of data instantly. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lirans1 said:

TIT (this is Thailand) just because an immigration officer told you something it doesn't automatically mean it is true. people are told untrue things or asked to do things that are not required all the time. Have someone  Check with  the immigration department to see if what you were told is true. I am not sure is an agent can do that for you, I have never used an agent, but it does not hurt to ask. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Agreed..... Story seems unlikely. I never heard of immigration getting involved with work permits either???

Even though Work Permits are issued by the Department of Labour, working without a WP is an offence against the Immigration Act as well as under the Alien Workers Act. Immigration as a division of the police have more teeth than the Labour Dept.

I don't recall a raid on foreign workers without Work Permits that wasn't carried out by Immigration.

• Like 2

I would like to hear what it's like in jail...........when you are less stressed.

I do feel bad for the OP, sincerely bad since he has a kid.  I'm at an age no where I realize the love of a child is 100000000000000x more powerful than anything on this planet.  I joke a little bit, since I don't have kids.  lol.  But this is what I think.

Yes, just move right across the border and get a plan there...... and best of luck.  

i don't care if this is a troll or not, because it's a REAL problem that can happen.  OK, I don't buy the 99 year thing....but separated from your kid for 1 year would be devastating.  

• Like 1

What does your girlfriend say about all this? Is she really worried now?

What are the odds of taking her and your child in your home country and getting married to her as per your religious customs and getting the marriage registered with competent authorities. This should ensure a long term visa for your wife and about the child. 

I might sound dumb but do you have the birth certificate of your child and does it mention your name . This might help you in case you want to pursue the matter with the local Thai embassy. 

You first need to talk clearly to your girlfriend and explain to her that it's not possible for you now to live in Thailand. She must move to your country and get married or you can find a job in neighbouring countries like cambodia, Vietnam ,Laos, Myanmar , Malaysia etc.

Flight fares are generally affordable and she can meet you often.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

t doesn't work like this. The system has been put in place to defeat fake passport. I'm not sure what implementation is used but if a database is too slow then a bloom filter can be used to search a huge amount of data instantly. 

The FBI takes two hours to do a fingerprint search of it's database (55M).

You're claiming Thai immigration can do it instantly with all foreigners that have ever entered?

And there's 40M a year added to the Thai database.

https://www.livescience.com/4843-reality-fingerprinting-tv-crime-labs.html

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

99 years.... sounds fishy to me. Most of us don't live that long! get a Thai lawyer to appeal on compassionate grounds as you support the Thai wife n kid? Or bring her to your country.

If all else fails, there are those who simply walk in across the Cambodian border and have been here ever since without a Visa. Not recommended but when desperate......

Edited by DaRoadrunner

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The FBI takes hours to do a fingerprint search for serious crimes.

You're claiming Thai immigration can do it instantly with all foreigners that have ever entered?

They use an older system. Some airport will pretty soon not need any passport or boarding pass anymore: https://gulfnews.com/uae/transport/new-biometric-system-at-dubai-airport-no-passport-or-boarding-pass-needed-1.66949849

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You do understand the fingerprints are only linked to your passport number.

To pick a random persons fingerprints and attach a name takes many hours of computer time.

The only red flag would be raised if someone with different fingerprints tried to enter on your passport.

(Assuming the scanners actually work)

Forgetting the picture they take always …. and now the face recognition thing …?

First of all ...did he take legal recognition  of the baby ? This could soften his case …?