Corona Virus and Immigration

Indeed there were 4 taking forehead temp at entry door Friday - another with hand gel and a red sticker on passing.  But even with this extra check line was proceeding much faster than normal (and there were a lot in line).  Everything appeared to be organized and working well.  I joined queue at 0820 but still out at 0903 having made 90 day report.  

Did not notice any black hole for those with temps.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

My God ,43 minutes to do a 90 day ,in Jomtien ,if it takes me more than 5 minutes on a thursday ,i wonder what the hold up was????

Being number 35 in the 90 day report queue and about 30 minutes as opens at 0830.  Only about half the number in queue this time as 90 days ago. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

Can't you do the 90 day report online or by mail? Why risk your life in a crowded place (and thus, potential virus hotspot) for that?

Online no as arrived 17 years ago.  Mail yes but if goes missing, as they have, have to make the trip out anyway.  Was not aware of virus issue when made plans so had no return envelope stamps available for mailing.  Use the trip to update various bank passbooks as all the banks have branches there and other than a long entry queue not crowded.  As for risk granddaughter is air hostess and DIL hotel management so not living in isolation ward even at home. 

Edited by lopburi3

On 2/15/2020 at 9:24 PM, bert bloggs said:

My God ,43 minutes to do a 90 day ,in Jomtien ,if it takes me more than 5 minutes on a thursday ,i wonder what the hold up was????

It takes maybe 3 min (incl waiting) at Jomtien Immigration on a Thursday after lunch. 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, lopburi3 said:

Indeed there were 4 taking forehead temp at entry door Friday - another with hand gel and a red sticker on passing.  But even with this extra check line was proceeding much faster than normal (and there were a lot in line).  Everything appeared to be organized and working well.  I joined queue at 0820 but still out at 0903 having made 90 day report.  

Did not notice any black hole for those with temps.

At which point was this? I travel frequently between Singapore and Thailand via Survanabhumi airport and the last 2 times I never had seen any camera nor do they supply any hand sanitizes for the finger scan. In Singapore there are every 50 to 100m disinfection sanitizes. I brought my own small disinfection solution in a small bottle last Sunday and demonstrate how to clean the glass very carefully together with a paper towel. I also whipped my passport after I got it back from the IO and wearing the mask for the time in the queue. I don't want infect whole Thailand as Farang and then kicked out if not wearing my mask in the public (around the airport ????)

The queue and counter at Immigration IN/OUT is the highest risk to get an infection for me in Thailand. I can't confirm that especially that is well organized from the head of the health ministry.

1 minute ago, MayPutThai said:

At which point was this? I travel frequently between Singapore and Thailand via Survanabhumi airport and the last 2 times I never had seen any camera

You missed the thread - we are talking about the Bangkok Immigration Office.  Not about airports.

• Haha 1