BANGKOK
newbieoldie

OK, be gentle. I failed motorcycle driving test

I was not aware of exactly what the course track was like or exactly the challenges one has to overcome.   The raised longitudinal speed bump that looks about 25' long was the final challenge.   Because I was just coming back from a break, I missed getting to watch anyone run the course and so the camelback beam test threw me off.  I made it within about 4-5 feet of passing but my tire slipped off and the second go around I was just flustered and was off within the first third of the beam.   So I stuck around after my failure (and of course was told to wait 3 days and come back to re-try) to see if anyone took the course on before I left.  One guy did and it appeared that his technique was to literally very lightly "wiggle" his front tire and maintain moderate to slow and constant speed.   I'm assuming the course will be open on Sunday so I can practice, but does anyone have any suggestion so I will have a plan when I go back?   Also, I searched but could not find what happens if you fail a second time?   Anyone know?    Thanks!   I'm new to CM just moved here 2 weeks ago.   🙂

• Haha 1

On the pegs mate.. you will ace the next one.. practice. cheers.. no wheelies or burn outs..

• Like 1

I don't remember any camelback beam but mine was in Bangkok.

I failed the first time as she said I didn't signal for a right-hand turn which I did but cancelled it as soon as I turned but she wasn't looking

So you must exaggerate everything.

• Like 1

Thanks all.    But just curious .....this of course is a matter of letting something "get into your head".  How many times will they allow you to return to re-try?   

Thanks again

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, newbieoldie said:

Thanks all.    But just curious .....this of course is a matter of letting something "get into your head".  How many times will they allow you to return to re-try?   

Thanks again

I suspect until you succeed?

Edited by VocalNeal

Drop your feet closer to the ground.

The lower the center of gravity the more stable you are. 

• Confused 1

This happened to a couple of people in Chumphon.   There was a part of the test where you have to drive scooter slowly in a straight line without either foot touching the ground.  Maybe 50-100 meters.   So some people failed that part and had to retest.   But they eventually passed.

I failed a car test here 12 years ago on a vision section but forgot to take my reading glasses the guy met me out of the crowded public test room and asked me if i had 1000 bht on me, hey presto !  to this day i still have one  😎 but alas no car as my ex who borrowed it one time then told me it got stolen ... OH YEH! 😩

Edited by Liverpudlian
addition
  • Haha 1

Go find yourself a straight white line, or similar on a quiet road and practice keeping a straight course along it. Riding in a straight line is actually intuitive once you've ridden for a while, so don't think about it too much Keep your feet on the pegs (or board) and don't look down too much.