OK, be gentle. I failed motorcycle driving test

newbieoldie

I don't recall taking any test or anything when I got my lifetime motorcycle license.  I can't recall if I tipped anyone or not.  But that was in Issan in 1977, and I did work for a Thai government agency.  My co-workers took care of any paperwork.  Sabai.

drive faster, its as simple as that.

if you want proof for my statement,

drive extremely slow and see for yourself that you start flipping

the front wheel left and right constantly to maintain balance.

just keep a rather high speed and think nothing of it,

just as you would drive on a plain road

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

drive faster, its as simple as that.

if you want proof for my statement,

drive extremely slow and see for yourself that you start flipping

the front wheel left and right constantly to maintain balance.

just keep a rather high speed and think nothing of it,

just as you would drive on a plain road

Fast is the same as fail, slow is what they want.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:52 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Fast is the same as fail, slow is what they want.

ya, I failed the first time because they made ME go first and was told to go "between 10 and 15" (or something stupid like that. )

I was looking down at my meter that has the first number as 20 and wobbly AF

the second time, I refused to go first and watched Thai people do it like double that speed (probably more like 25), did the same and passed easily.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Finally, today I got around to re-taking the driving test for motorcycles after flunking it last month.  I had a minor surgery that I needed to get through.   So today I felt well enough to re-take.   The instructor was much more hardcore than the first time for sure.    And even though I was sure I passed the text (even the berm ride!), he failed me and told me to come back at 3 from the morning session.   I was shocked, and initially felt that he just didn't like farangs.   But I took some time to think about it, and decided that I had to have missed something.   Came back in the pm and watched him lecture about 20 of us and made a point to go stand on the final stop line just about 15 feet from the end of the green berm.   And that was it!    In my glee of having successfully "ridden the hump" and with the instructor standing about another 20 meters ahead at the end of the course, I had simply blasted right through the white stop line and never even noticed it.  So I had an attitude all through lunch thinking he was failing me unfairly and in fact, he was absolutely doing his job.   It occurred to me that in the US, white lines are often only "suggested boundaries" and usually its yellow if its more significant.   It is easy to ignore those simple white stops.   So take a lesson from my mistake, and pay attention to your turn signals, look right and left before you proceed at a white line stop, use the left hand side of the little bridge when you cross. and stop at the white lines!    So I did finally pass the test.   Yay!   lol     thanks to all for the suggestions.    Best one was to never look down and focus on far away while on the hump.   That was the trick!    ????

• Like 2