SURVEY: Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?

Scott

SURVEY: Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, 473geo said:

on a personal note I have never had any issues attracting women, although age has faded my looks a little,

Never been rich so I guess that blows 80% of the Tvisa fossil reasoning out of the water,

Yeah, my wallet has never failed to attract women either.

Although the exchange rate has worn it's width a little. 

Being rich ........ 20,000bht/month income is double what most Thai guys can offer.

Rural agricultural workers often get less than 5k/month.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

So you're gonna learn some village language which only she and her relatives speak?

Or you'll learn Central Thai which is probably her 3rd language?

Why not just stick with English, at least it's your first language.

That was said in reference to why Thai ladies prefer a Thai man... thus the 50/50 split... my Thai is pretty good but cannot compare to a native speaker... 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

That was said in reference to why Thai ladies prefer a Thai man... thus the 50/50 split... my Thai is pretty good but cannot compare to a native speaker... 

My MIl and Fil didn't speak the same language either, in fact hardly anyone speaks MiLs language, on my housing estate (250 homes), only 3 or 4 old ladies can speak with her. He came from Nan, she came from Lomsak.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My MIl and Fil didn't speak the same language either, in fact hardly anyone speaks MiLs language, on my housing estate (250 homes), only 3 or 4 old ladies can speak with her. He came from Nan, she came from Lomsak.

My MIL also cannot speak Thai... neither fIL or Mil can read or write... fortunately they are really great people and I have a long and wonderful relationship with them, in spite of language differences... 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Its not that uncommon, my wife works as a waitress in Pattaya, the two Cambodian cooks speak Khmer, the servers/cleaners speak Lao, the waitresses speak Thai. A couple of them cant read/write the language that they speak. How an order gets to the table is amazing

• Like 1

Simply put, if she's has been hurt by a Thai man and has exposure to farang then she may prefer farang. Checkout girls, bar girls, waitresses all have stories liked this, and usually have the proverbial kid in tow. Monied women will have different ideas, and social status of the man may decide. Otherwise it's like asking 'do you prefer a partner with ten fingers or ten toes'. Just silly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pattaya Unlimited poll

Jan. 21, 2020

https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/why-thai-women-prefer-foreign-men/

• They only want foreign men for money (55%, 42 Votes)
  • They can’t find a suitably wealthy Thai man (16%, 12 Votes)
  • They date foreign men for social status (12%, 9 Votes)
  • They find the look of foreign men more desirable (9%, 7 Votes)
  • They just want to give foreign men a try, or to experiment (9%, 7 Votes)

This poll appears not to have any statistical validity.

A poll by a statistically significant number of Thai women (identified by region, age, employment & marital status?) would be more informative.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

If white women were mostly fit dirty whores into their 50s that did all the cleaning and washing etc...do you honestly think Foreign men would look twice at a Thai woman

White women, 

More to do with them not wanting us, than us not wanting them IMHO. Welfare has a lot to answer for! 

Money..you can smell it..pick it up and sniff it..fondle it..fold it..crinkle it..spend it..demand more of it..lend it to your folks..cure a sick buffalo with it...build a house with it...send your dreadful offspring to school with it...start a quicksand business with it..

Who provides the money bears the bell away..

Edited by Odysseus123

a financially independent gal would prefer the guy she feels most attracted to and can communicate with either in thai (thai versant foreigner) or english

the fitter she is the fitter the guy she will be attracted to. if she is attractive then she'd want the same in a guy.  financially well off fat chicks also like fit attractive guys but short of offering them some financial incentive they won't catch such guys.

due to the gay, ladyboy, in jail, drug addict, monk thai male population the ratio of available men to women is <deleted> poor. has become very difficult for many thai women to find suitable men. 

the financially in need gals (tons of them) are a lot less selective and can overlook not being with brad pitt for security/money.

if you are thai versant and treat a gal with respect and kindness and can joke around and laugh together she will be more comfortable with you over the thai guy without those qualities.

Edited by atyclb

This subject is so stupid. Most Thai women of course prefer Thai men for language and culture. Only the stupid farang would think different. Mostly whores prefer Farang and they are only thinking of money and the funny thing is they usually have a Thai on the side. My neighbor is a Brit married to an ugly Thai and she convinced him that her boy friend is her brother but she tells all the Thai women neighbors it’s her boy friend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, 448glb said:

This subject is so stupid. Most Thai women of course prefer Thai men for language and culture. Only the stupid farang would think different. Mostly whores prefer Farang and they are only thinking of money and the funny thing is they usually have a Thai on the side. My neighbor is a Brit married to an ugly Thai and she convinced him that her boy friend is her brother but she tells all the Thai women neighbors it’s her boy friend.

Maybe he is happy not having to service her. The guy is doing him a favor. And that ole boyfriend thing is that Thai women do it to Thai men and whomever. 

• Haha 1

Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?

Thai women prefers rich men!

However, numerous other women also prefers rich men.

To my knowledge, Thai women prefers Thai men, but if there are no rich Thai men available – bear in mind, that not all men are rich, and there are even born more females than males in Thailand* – then a foreign man is Okay...????

*) This is actually a statistic fact.
"In 2015, male to female ratio for Thailand was 95.46 males per 100 females. Male to female ratio of Thailand fell gradually from 100.47 males per 100 females in 1970 to 95.46 males per 100 females in 2015." (Source link)
I even read that some 3% percent of the male Thai population are either gays or transgenders, making the difference even higher.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

if you are thai versant and treat a gal with respect and kindness and can joke around and laugh together she will be more comfortable with you over the thai guy without those qualities.

had to look up versant  ????     so maybe my englit not good.    but i think if you took a poll on TV the percent that meet the above specifications would be very low.  especially if people were telling the truth.     Once i became "versant",  i definitely attracted nicer ladies then previously. 

The charm factor is also quite a plus...... and in that area I think thai men have it over most farangs that I meet here.   So many farangs think that talking about how things should be in the world are what impresses Thai ladies.  No wonder their dates are always looking at their Iphones.

and I am not referring just to the "low class" types so many here talk about.

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

had to look up versant  ????     so maybe my englit not good.    but i think if you took a poll on TV the percent that meet the above specifications would be very low.  especially if people were telling the truth.     Once i became "versant",  i definitely attracted nicer ladies then previously. 

The charm factor is also quite a plus...... and in that area I think thai men have it over most farangs that I meet here.   So many farangs think that talking about how things should be in the world are what impresses Thai ladies.  No wonder their dates are always looking at their Iphones.

Edited 1 hour ago by rumak

if i miss a gal it is the friendship i miss most, especially if we felt comfortable and had chemistry, specifically organic chemistry

1 hour ago, rumak said:

i only discuss world politics with thai g7 high function friends

even at thai pubs at most tables almost everyone is glued to their phone even if band is playing live music