SURVEY: Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?

Scott

SURVEY: Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Thai women (and Asian women in general) in America are basically white women in an Asian body.  They bear little resemblance to Thai women in Thailand.  Their attitude and preferences are completely different.  So to use your wife as an example would be the same as if your wife was a farang.

Which I think bears out my point about physical attraction.

I was never looking for some subservient asian woman half my age and half my intellect.

I am perfectly happy with my Asian woman, who actually is smarter than me, roughly same age, but hotter than Hell, at least to me.

That I think is the dynamic that in the West attracts white guys to asian women.

I think what you are implying is that those Asian women in the West have something negative if they actually have a brain

4 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I am perfectly happy with my Asian woman, who actually is smarter than me,

It's all relative.

If you're not very bright, then you'll meet a lot of smart people.

I'm extremely intelligent, and I only meet stupid people.

Sometimes I wish I were a bit more stupid, then I'd have a chance to meet people who'd be more interesting.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It's all relative.

If you're not very bright, then you'll meet a lot of smart people.

I'm extremely intelligent, and I only meet stupid people.

Sometimes I wish I were a bit more stupid, then I'd have a chance to meet people who'd be more interesting.

Me and my wife are kinda on a par.

We're both Material Scientists, although she's got a Masters degree and I'm just an undergraduate degree kinda guy.

We've both had successful careers, I'm now retired, but do a mindless retirement gig for Delta Airlines, she still works for DoD doing some pretty important stuff on B1 bombers

My point is, that if you take out money, which seems to drive a lot of farang/Young Thai female relationships, the Caucasian/Asian attraction thing is just a biological attraction thing

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

My point is, that if you take out money, which seems to drive a lot of farang/Young Thai female relationships, the Caucasian/Asian attraction thing is just a biological attraction thing

Sadly, I'm not attracted to grandmothers either.

I still want the same age women I wanted when I was 20.

Anybody ever met a gold-digging farang MAN in these parts?

There must be a few around

Doing the trophy-husband routine on ugly/older rich thai women.

Full disclosure...I made some half-arsed attempts in my younger years.????

Advice to younger guys...go for it!

You have nothing to lose but your poverty!

Beats having a 'jaaaaab' any day.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly, I'm not attracted to grandmothers either.

I still want the same age women I wanted when I was 20.

Then you are stuck with the fact that that the 20 year old woman, isn't 'attracted' to you, but to your money

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I was never looking for some subservient asian woman half my age and half my intellect.

I am perfectly happy with my Asian woman, who actually is smarter than me, roughly same age, but hotter than Hell, at least to me.

That I think is the dynamic that in the West attracts white guys to asian women.

I think what you are implying is that those Asian women in the West have something negative if they actually have a brain

You are completely missing the point.  Let's put it another way: What do you think is the most important thing to most Thai women in Thailand?  It's actually communication, being able to talk to and understand each other completely....which goes to the similar culture and language thing.  This is why most Thai women will prefer a good Thai man.

Of course there are other dynamics at play.  A Thai woman's first love will almost always be a Thai guy.  But if she got burned by him, becomes a single mother, is getting older with little financial prospects, then yes, she will consider a foreigner.  It's more complicated than this and everyone is different.  But this is basically how it is.

And lastly, this is a ridiculous comment.  I never said or implied such a thing.

23 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

And lastly, this is a ridiculous comment.  I never said or implied such a thing.

So what exactly were you implying with this statement?

Thai women (and Asian women in general) in America are basically white women in an Asian body.  They bear little resemblance to Thai women in Thailand.  Their attitude and preferences are completely different.

I'm just curious if I misinterpreted what you meant

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thai women (and Asian women in general) in America are basically white women in an Asian body.  They bear little resemblance to Thai women in Thailand.  Their attitude and preferences are completely different.

Fair enough....but I just explained to you.  It's the language and communication thing...which is pretty similar to how American women think.  American women don't have to say they prefer a man who speaks the same language because it's a given.  Thai and Asian women who are fluent in English will have the same preference in men as other American women....generally.  Which is what makes them completely different to Thai women in Thailand who will prefer men who can speak Thai.  That's my point.

13 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Welfare and divorce laws are what govern female attraction.

I've never thought desire a major driving force is most women's life, they seem to be able to take it or leave it.

Yeah, they bang around a bit in their teens and early 20s, but after the first baby, most of them have lost interest.

52 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Brains are good. People with good brains have good attitudes. It's western thoughts and attitudes based on smaller brains that is the problem. A lot of westerners just aren't that smart yet act like they are superior to other cultures. It's all very pretentious.

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Fair enough....but I just explained to you.  It's the language and communication thing...which is pretty similar to how American women think.  American women don't have to say they prefer a man who speaks the same language because it's a given.  Thai and Asian women who are fluent in English will have the same preference in men as other American women....generally.  Which is what makes them completely different to Thai women in Thailand who will prefer men who can speak Thai.  That's my point.

Now I get that.

You're right a common communication thing is a biggie, and for an Asian woman and Caucasian man who both have a common language it does come down to physical attraction,

I suppose you could also apply the same rules to an Englishman being attracted to a Lithuanian

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Welfare and divorce laws are what govern female attraction.

I've never thought desire a major driving force is most women's life, they seem to be able to take it or leave it.

Yeah, they bang around a bit in their teens and early 20s, but after the first baby, most of them have lost interest.

True. They want money and material things. Free house, car, little sex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Then you are stuck with the fact that that the 20 year old woman, isn't 'attracted' to you, but to your money

Whenever I see a middle aged farang with a young thai women in a restaurant, I feel the urge to say to the farang - dude u just blowed her one day's salary on this breakfast. 

????????????????

Generally the girls who are dating older farangs are very poor and she is getting the best lifestyle. Staying in hotels where she can never afford to live on her own. Eating at places she could have only dreamt of eating. Wearing clothes which are way above her budget. In return she just lets him use her body .   A win win deal for both parties.

Edited by lovethai123

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:
9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Now I get that.

You're right a common communication thing is a biggie, and for an Asian woman and Caucasian man who both have a common language it does come down to physical attraction,

I suppose you could also apply the same rules to an Englishman being attracted to a Lithuanian

Correct!  I've tried to explain this to an American friend of mine who's a real lady-killer (back in the states) but was frustrated that his charms wasn't working with most normal Thai women.  I said to him: "Imagine a Korean guy with a great personality...but only in Korean.  Well if you don't speak Korean, then he doesn't have a great personality...as far as you're concerned."  I think he sort of understood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I don't. Learning a new language is great. Learning new foods is great too. Learning Thai massage is too.

English speakers who only mix with English speakers are living a sheltered uncultured life. Asians who live in the west for 30 years or were born there are usually terrible cooks, uninteresting and not worth the effort.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Correct!  I've tried to explain this to an American friend of mine who's a real lady-killer (back in the states) but was frustrated that his charms wasn't working with most normal Thai women.  I said to him: "Imagine a Korean guy with a great personality...but only in Korean.  Well if you don't speak Korean, then he doesn't have a great personality...as far as you're concerned."  I think he sort of understood.

Thais can smell the bs and don't like loud people who love themselves too much. American women probably enjoy it as they love themselves too.

It's the culture not the language.

6 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Generally the girls who are dating oder farangs are very poor and she is getting the best lifestyle. Staying in hotels where she can never afford to love on her own. Eating at places she could have only dreamt of eating. Wearing clothes which are way above her budget. In return she just lets him play with her body. A win win deal for both parties.

It's quite hard to meet locals that aren't "very poor", wealthy Thais generally don't mix with the riff-raff.

Most of my live-in Thai ladies seem happy enough with food and housing, and a bit of money to spend in the market.

They've lucked out on the hotels and fine dining, as I've never had the urge to pay for either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

was frustrated that his charms wasn't working with most normal Thai women.  

Probably because he wasn't ready to compensate her for her time. I have met many "normal " thai women in past and most of them wanted to be compensated for the time they spent with me. ???????????????? 

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

I don't. Learning a new language is great. Learning new foods is great too. Learning Thai massage is too.

English speakers who only mix with English speakers are living a sheltered uncultured life. Asians who live in the west for 30 years or were born there are usually terrible cooks, uninteresting and not worth the effort.

Well my wife, who wasn't born in the US, but spent her HS and college years there and 20 years in Asia before we moved back to the States is a great cook.

She will hunt you down and kill you if you say that again lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's quite hard to meet locals that aren't "very poor", wealthy Thais generally don't mix with the riff-raff.

Most of my live-in Thai ladies seem happy enough with food and housing, and a bit of money to spend in the market.

They've lucked out on the hotels and fine dining, as I've never had the urge to pay for either.

I don't know what do u mean by fine dining. But whenever I took my girlfriend to a restaurant the bills comes around 500 baht.  Split it so it's around 250 pp.  That was her salary before she met me.  She earned 300 baht everyday but her employer used to deduct 100 baht for the roo. she had above her bar.  So she got 200 a day.

2 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I don't know what do u mean by fine dining. But whenever I took my girlfriend to a restaurant the bills comes around 500 baht.  Split it so it's around 250 pp.  That was her salary before she met me.  She earned 300 baht everyday but her employer used to deduct 100 baht for the roo. she had above her bar.  So she got 200 a day.

What type of bar is that?

9 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Probably because he wasn't ready to compensate her for her time. I have met many "normal " thai women in past and most of them wanted to be compensated for the time they spent with me. ???????????????? 

Those women sound like bargirls not normal ones.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My gf is fine with 450 baht room in pattaya as long as it has hot shower and air con. A lot of improvement over her previous lifestyle which included working in a bar and serving drinks to always horny tourists or expats and also sleeping in room with a fan. No Aircon.

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Those women sound like bargirls not normal ones.

They had variety of jobs- teacher, bank , company etc. I wanted a normal girlfriend but since they wanted money as well, so I found a damsel in distress. Paid out her family debts and now all I pay her is money for food. She stays with her mom now. I previously paid for her English classes with farang teacher. 

1 minute ago, lovethai123 said:

Thats a bar in pattaya. That's where I met her. She told me this. She is supposed to get 300 a day for waitressing but the employer would deduct 100 baht as she stayed in room upstairs.

So she's a hooker, right?

Not passing judgment but that seems to bear out the facts

• Like 1

Just now, lovethai123 said:

They had variety of jobs- teacher, bank , company etc. I wanted a normal girlfriend but since they wanted money as well, so I found a damsel in distress. Paid out her family debts and now all I pay her is money for food. She stays with her mom now. I previously paid for her English classes with farang teacher. 

You give $ to feed her mum? Makes sense.