SURVEY: Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?

Scott

SURVEY: Do Thai women prefer foreign or Thai men?  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Poor hooker on 200 baht a day. Sounds like she served drinks. Hookers would make 1000 baht to 3000 baht a day.

You could have a point, although these are tough times in the 'entertainment' biz right now.

Thousands of the 'Maidens of Issan' versus few tourists.

It's a buyers market!

thanks op for this post. sorry i'm a bit late picking it up. 

my take on it is as follows..... not all will get it, most will i'm sure.

here goes...

beginning of the month, thai lady like thai man. near end of month, thai lady like farang man, at end month... then thai lady love very much you hansum man. rinse repeat.

just my take on my experience. of a friend of course.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jastheace said:

thanks op for this post. sorry i'm a bit late picking it up. 

my take on it is as follows..... not all will get it, most will i'm sure.

here goes...

beginning of the month, thai lady like thai man. near end of month, thai lady like farang man, at end month... then thai lady love very much you hansum man. rinse repeat.

just my take on my experience. of a friend of course.

Hookers are not ladies.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

You could have a point, although these are tough times in the 'entertainment' biz right now.

Thousands of the 'Maidens of Issan' versus few tourists.

It's a buyers market!

Cheaper to hire one a week than full time. If you only drive 4 times a month you dont need to buy a car.

24 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Her mum sells food. I give her 5000 baht a month so she can feed herself. I don't need to give explanation to anybody when people have lost millions to thai bar girls and I am only paying to keep her alive. No comparison. 

So it's like charity.

• Confused 1

On 2/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, transam said:

Thought that was mandatory....????

when i was courting my wife , her brother always used to tag along ,and when we went to live in the UK her nephew came and stayed with us for 6 months once ,mind you her brother was only 12 and her nephew was 15 or 16 at the time ,do you think "maybe"?☺️

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Poor hooker on 200 baht a day. Sounds like she served drinks. Hookers would make 1000 baht to 3000 baht a day.

She didn't sell body like other women. She recently started working there when we met. But it's allright. I don't need to explain my relationship to anyone. I am sure many  TV members have dated massage girls, bar hostesses and street freelancers. 

Edited by lovethai123

On 2/16/2020 at 9:57 PM, 473geo said:

I am wondering where this strange myth of Farang husband and Thai wife/girlfriend not being able to communicate originates

My wife and I discuss all manner of topics, we have built a home, bought land, raised a family, raised cattle together, ok usually, I admit conversations are related to our daily existence, lifestyle and future, you know the stuff that actually directly affects our family life that we have in common and enjoy discussing

I have a fleeting interest in politics but only were it affects us directly have no requirement for deep meaningful analysis.

I am struggling to understand the supposed need of a farang to have 'intelligent' conversations about a life they have 'left behind' to start a new life in Thailand!! Sounds to me like too many are short of interests to occupy their minds and do not take responsibility to step out of a rut they have traversed for a large part of their lives prior to arriving in Thailand

To answer the question of Isaanbiker - on a personal note I have never had any issues attracting women, although age has faded my looks a little, I do believe my wife was also attracted by my easy going positive personality. Never been rich so I guess that blows 80% of the Tvisa fossil reasoning out of the water, in the main I guess we just bonded, never failed to communicate honestly, make a great team

Above all I have always made sure my wife has confidence and the understanding that whatever comes our way we will deal with it, and I will always be there for her.

Just a normal everyday Farang Thai relationship right?

A great post!

i have met girls that prefer thai and met girls that prefer falang,

so far it was no surprise that i would find both kinds,

but what was surprising was that the primary reasons was not sex related,

or at least that is the narrative they keep to,

-personally i dont believe that part for a second

On 2/19/2020 at 6:22 PM, Pedrogaz said:

Statistics tell you that most Thai women stupidly opt for Thais because there are not enough farangs. But my wife and all her girlfriends would not look at a Thai man. They say they are drunken, stubborn, useless layabouts who beat their women and cheat on them. Further in my assessment of their comments, Thai men obsesses about having a big face even if they haven't 'a pot to <deleted> in' and have to use public transport, is what these clever girls say.

Once you go farang, you never go back, as the saying goes.

The old saying goes once going darker.......are you dark?

I think the higher the pressure of poverty in the country the more women wish to marry a foreigner (and they often believe that all foreingers are rich).

The same was in Russia in 90s - many women wished to marry a foreigner. But this never happened in Western Europe.

And even language barrier is not crucial (for example my beautiful Thai gf didn't speak English and I didin't speak Thai but we stayed long time together in Bangkok).

Another thing is that Thai women are maybe more open-minded and there are less moral restrictions/conservative obligations in Thai society so even some high-status Thai women marry farangs. 

6 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

West is the best place to live due to many reasons. You could be hi so girl in Bangkok. The craze for western life is not going to end anytime soon. 

which is the main reason many of us TV  posters live in...… oh wait. sorry I must reread that post...

7 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

After hearing one horror story after another from Thai women about the foreign <deleted> they have to deal with i totally understand why they prefer Thai men.

Hearing 5 or 10 stories is not a big sample size. I could argue more on the other side.

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

After hearing one horror story after another from Thai women about the foreign <deleted> they have to deal with i totally understand why they prefer Thai men.

Atleast the farang man will not be her pimp. But may be some thai woman enjoy being happily married to thai men and have a foreigner boyfriend on the side who can support her family including her lazy pimp husband.

3 hours ago, jastheace said:

which is the main reason many of us TV  posters live in...… oh wait. sorry I must reread that post...

I don't know you understand me previous post or not. There is a craze from second and third world countries to migrate legally or illegally to western world. So even if you are a hi so woman in Bangkok. It's still Thailand. If you can find a man who can take you to western world why wouldn't you go.

14 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I don't know you understand me previous post or not. There is a craze from second and third world countries to migrate legally or illegally to western world. So even if you are a hi so woman in Bangkok. It's still Thailand. If you can find a man who can take you to western world why wouldn't you go.

West is boring. Rich dont need someone to take them anywhere.