BANGKOK
Hal65

BKK: If denied entry, can you fly to a nearby country instead of originating country?

I'm coming from the US. If denied entry for any reason, I would prefer to go to Cambodia, not fly all the way back to USA.

Do you have that option or must you return to the country you came from?

Smart advice, thanks. I think I'll just fly into Vientiane and come in through the land (Nong Khai) border then

• Like 1

You will be flown to where you embarked.

Exceptions occur but rarely.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will be flown to where you embarked.

Exceptions occur but rarely.

What if Bangkok is simply a short stopover on the way to somewhere else eg. Melbourne - Bangkok - London?

18 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

What if Bangkok is simply a short stopover on the way to somewhere else eg. Melbourne - Bangkok - London?

Sort stopover sounds like few days in Bangkok. You would have to be omitted to Thailand for that. is 30 day VE.

Certainly a long haul flight you suggest would support not being denied entry in first place.

29 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Edited by DrJack54

Maybe this is an option for OP.

What if OP was say flying from Los Angeles to Bangkok with a quick stopover and plane change in say Hong Kong.  Would Immigration send OP back to LA or where he last was, Hong Kong.

Edited by AlexCanada

11 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Maybe this is an option for OP.

What if OP was say flying from Los Angeles to Bangkok with a quick stopover and plane change in say Hong Kong.  Would Immigration send OP back to LA or where he last was, Hong Kong.

Either would be possible but would have very good chance just back to HK. Thinking certain. 

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
8 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Sort stopover sounds like few days in Bangkok. You would have to be omitted to Thailand for that. is 30 day VE.

Certainly a long haul flight you suggest would support not being denied entry in first place.

I presume you mean admitted.

A Transit Visa could also be used and would practically guarantee entry.

47 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

If it was a completely separate unconnected flight from HK then they would almost certainly be sent back there.

• Like 1

if i were you, i'd just fly into Vientiane, walk across the bridge, and then fly to U-Tapao or wherever is closest to your ultimate destination. I'm planning to spend 7 months with a METV visa and there's no way I'm risking being denied entry at BKK airport after a ~30hr flight + the cost of the visa. 

• Like 2