IS Visa issued on entry??

Wife and I are British citizens.

Having completed a TM6 on the flight - is a Tourist Visa still issued on arrival by Immigration?

Is it 60 days now?

I find reading the Forum a little confusing as to what happens these days.

Essentially our current re-entry will have expired and I think we will be having to go around the 'loop' of extension + extension = Non Immi O.

Rgds.

47 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Is it 60 days now?

No. As you don’t have a visa you’ll be granted a 30 day stay under visa exemption. That stay can be extended at immigration for another 30 days if required (1,900 THB).

If you want a proper Tourist Visa you need to apply at an embassy or consulate OUTSIDE of Thailand.

The visa will be valid for 3 months from date of issue and you will be granted a 60 day permission to stay when you arrive.

If you arrive without a visa you will get a 30 day visa-exempt entry.

However, if you have spent a long time in Thailand and intend to do so again, entering on a TR Visa or visa exempt may be an issue.

20 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

If you want a proper Tourist Visa you need to apply at an embassy or consulate OUTSIDE of Thailand.

The visa will be valid for 3 months from date of issue and you will be granted a 60 day permission to stay when you arrive.

If you arrive without a visa you will get a 30 day visa-exempt entry.

However, if you have spent a long time in Thailand and intend to do so again, entering on a TR Visa or visa exempt may be an issue.

That is what has been worrying me - what will be accepted - we have bank accounts here etc - have done so since 2012 and my pensions also arrive Thailand although they could of course be re-routed - last thing I want is aggro.

So what to do - I simply cannot get across now - I was going to leave until September then come across hopefully to get back to where I am now - Retirement Visa

9 minutes ago, factseeker said:

That is what has been worrying me - what will be accepted - we have bank accounts here etc - have done so since 2012 and my pensions also arrive Thailand although they could of course be re-routed - last thing I want is aggro.

So what to do - I simply cannot get across now - I was going to leave until September then come across hopefully to get back to where I am now - Retirement Visa

You will have no problem entering with Visa Exemption.

It is only people spending long periods in the country as ‘tourists’ that have a potential problem.

It would be best if you could get single entry non-o visas before leaving the UK. To apply an the embassy in London it requires applying online or you could apply in person at one of the honorary consulates.

Requirments are here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Will both of you be applying for extension based upon retirement or will one of you be applying for being a family member one getting the extension.

If you enter to get a 30 day visa exempt entry it is possible to apply for 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration based upon qualifying for an extension based upon retirement. But it is not possible to apply for one based upon being a family member of the  one applying based upon retirement.