Adjusting to modern times.

swissie

32 minutes ago, madmen said:

Bar girls, Indians and Chinese. Been done to death.. No need for yet another thread but go ahead and knock yourself out 

I know, I know. All done to death. Just did an update according how I experienced Pattaya recently.

PS: Threads concerning Girls/Immigration-Matters are still producing the most replies/clicks here.

I am afraid that without those Girl/Immigration issues TVF would lose clicks and revenue. Same as those (dying) Garage Sized Bars that I love so much.

1 minute ago, swissie said:

Heaven forbid! By the time I have breakfast I never have a Lady present. Not in Thailand and not in my home country. With good reason: If they start swearing eternal love (Buddha/Jesus/Mohamed as their witness), I would lose my breakfast before fully digested.

As an undergraduate I spent some vacations in a monastery. The breakfast rule was "Silence" (not even "Please pass the marmalade"). It's a rule that has served me well all my life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

As an undergraduate I spent some vacations in a monastery. The breakfast rule was "Silence" (not even "Please pass the marmalade"). It's a rule that has served me well all my life

Reminds me of my schooling in a very strict environement for 1 year a long time ago. No talking from 10 PM to 6 AM. School officials patrolling the floor, hoping to catch any of us talking during the "no talking-hours". During breakfast, we were allowed to talk again. Such schooling is no more allowed in my home country.

- I wonder if a "no talk policy" during 10PM and 6AM would elevate the moral standarts in Pattaya to accomodate the moral standards of certain American Television Evangelists and other moralists, trying to be holier than the Pope in Rome. No talk between 10 PM and 6AM. So no "deal" during daytime. Always keeping in mind that Pattaya during daytime is about as exiting as Menorca on a cloudy day.

1 hour ago, swissie said:

- But amazingly, once a Farang speaks basic Thai and it becomes appearant that he knows about Thai "inner-workings" including Thai-History and behaves like a Thai Male, the chances that a Thai-Female will even try to serve up some  BS are practically nil.

Not before nor after breakfast!

Cheers.

I've never had any problem finding one to pretend to be my wife for 10k/month.

Never tried to behave like a Thai male though.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never had any problem finding one to pretend to be my wife for 10k/month.

Never tried to behave like a Thai male though.

"Never tried to behave like a Thai male though."

That's probably why us Farangs are still relatively popular among fast aging Thai-Females.

• Haha 1

"Just back from Pattaya holiday" Swissie your a tourist wandering around aimlessly....next time you visit get a local to show you the real Pattaya....us that live here see a totally different side to the nightlife and thoroughly enjoy it....at a big discount also :thumbsup:

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, swissie said:

Starting at 3000 Bht for short time? The prices for those "services" are starting to look reasonable in my home country.

lets not forget the legality aspect and very real prospect of jail time, pimp robbery and police stings, depending on where you hail from of course.

On 2/16/2020 at 2:40 AM, madmen said:

Bar girls, Indians and Chinese. Been done to death.. No need for yet another thread but go ahead and knock yourself out 

Yes, I agree. However there are new BMs everyday to ThaiVisa that have never read those previous done to death topics and probably will never use search function. New and interesting topic to some I am guessing.

A friend of mine, who recently returned to Samui made a similar observation. He said all the real talent was on Tinder. He used it to great effect. The world is changing. But, Pattaya and Bangkok still seem to have plenty of talent available without the use of social media, which I tend to dislike.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, petermik said:

"Just back from Pattaya holiday" Swissie your a tourist wandering around aimlessly....next time you visit get a local to show you the real Pattaya....us that live here see a totally different side to the nightlife and thoroughly enjoy it....at a big discount also :thumbsup:

You are right. I am an expat here too and also buy my beer at 7-Eleven. There is always happy hour and mostly friendly staff. They never ever asked me for a lady drink. 

On 2/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, swissie said:

Remarkably, during my stay, I have never met a Farang from Europe/US/Australia under 35 years old.

In a way you might be happy for that, as the competition is much harder, when the majority of "handsum" male tourists are under 35 year old – and by competition, I mean between foreign males for being selected by the young attractive Thai women...:whistling:

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A friend of mine, who recently returned to Samui made a similar observation. He said all the real talent was on Tinder. He used it to great effect. The world is changing. But, Pattaya and Bangkok still seem to have plenty of talent available without the use of social media, which I tend to dislike.

However, the Tinder-chicks use to crowd up at Ark Bar, and then continue to the clubs not later than 2 am, but they might not all still be single that late...????

Pattaya has for awhile been a place to settle for older males.  As they die off, more are and will come.

Divorced from some old Bitty in their home country.  Able to have the company of girls less then half their age.  Many places to eat and drink.  Inexpensive housing affordable after giving half their assets to their exwife.

There will always be a plenty supply of men in this situation throughout the world who will discover Pattaya.

As far as younger fresh blood.  They seem to lack the funds and are mostly looking for free company.

Some find it but on the big picture, good luck.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

At night many of the online girls are standing on Beach road anyway.  That's why you see them starring at their phones, then suddenly running across the street catching a mb taxi to their next customer.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

i like tinder. both parties have to be interested to communicate. saves a lot of time.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

At night many of the online girls are standing on Beach road anyway.  That's why you see them starring at their phones, then suddenly running across the street catching a mb taxi to their next customer.

Well, you may as well be available for a passing offer, whilst arranging customers on the apps. 

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

I just want to point out that when I was under 35, I certainly never wanted be be caught dead in a place that had people over 50 as patrons.  

I used to think the other way round, (I would not want to caught dead in a place that had under 35s as patrons), well actually I maybe still do! The staff on the other hand, must be.