BANGKOK
rooster59

Huawei row: Australian MPs cancel UK trip amid tensions over leak

Huawei row: Australian MPs cancel UK trip amid tensions over leak

EQE65oqUYAA0-ws.jpg

Senior Australian MPs have cancelled a planned trip to the UK as tensions heighten over the role of Huawei in building Britain's 5G network.

Lawmakers from the intelligence and security committee had been expected to travel to the UK next month.

But the trip has been postponed amid reports of a diplomatic rift.

The decision follows a reported complaint from the UK over leaked details of a high-level meeting where Huawei was discussed.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51513886

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2020-02-16

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

spidermike, very well reported, its the US well behind the times trying to wheeled the big stick

I agree wholeheartedly. 

21 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

even Thailand is ahead of them , lol

I assume this is a joke but please tell me in what way. BTW I am not from the US or Thailand.

• Sad 2

Australia ... dumb, just follow the US. China ... smart, they know how to play the game

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Thaidream said:

While I share your comments, it appears 5G is already a reality in the US as T-Mobile constantly advertises Nationwide service.

I am the last one to give Donald Trump any praises as i find him ofensive in so many ways.  However- Huawei is an army of the Chinese Government and for the US or now the UK to  allow any portion of Huawei to build it;s 5 G network is like allowing the Chinese Government to view all the technology developed by the Weste but also gain entry into the entire network.

China loves 5G because they know its much more than mobile data it is the ultimate entry to control of all data Worldwide and the monitoring of people and proprietary information.

The Chinese repreent a clear and present danger to the World.  Their goal is to kep the Communist Party in power forever and to do that they must get access to needed natural resources, land; technology and intelligence and to ultimately steal anything they cannot gain in other ways.  

Why does Hong Kong continually have demonstrations; destroy cameras mounted on every street post and express displeasure against being a part of the Mainland.  They know what the Cinese Communist Leadership has planned.

Allowing Huawei any access to Western systems is like giving a convicted thief a key to your home.   

Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

You could replace "Chinese" with US, and Communist with Republican. The USA has been doing exactly what you accuse China of doing, for decades. At least China hasn't bombed its way to self gratification at the world's expense. Yeah, they're smarter, no doubt about that!

Self gratification thru Debt Traps and SCS Control

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Yeah , Debt Traps , SCS , Colonizing, yes they know how to Play Games, Australia is Smart and not stupid like Europe or Britain 

oz is far from smart. You want smart, look at china.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, mercman24 said:

spidermike, very well reported, its the US well behind the times trying to wheeled the big stick,  even Thailand is ahead of them , lol

My guess is they spent all their money on military interventions to keep propping up the Petrodollar instead of spending the money on infrastructure.

The big stick may be their only option with regards to imposing the petrodollar. They seem to be digging in deeper and deeper but what's your alternative? 🤔

• Like 1

It’s pretty simple. China is playing divide and conquer with the five eyes. 

It’s already working...

https://www.theage.com.au/national/uk-envoy-s-dressing-down-of-australian-mps-weakens-relationship-20200216-p5418c.html

At the moment the weakest link is trade obsessed Britain. Chinese envoy here dropping subtle hints about letting ‘markets work’.. 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/china-admonishes-boris-johnson-over-lack-of-free-market-approach-to-huawei-20200210-p53z7r.html

• Like 1