BANGKOK
JustAnotherHun

800k in bank new requirements from 01.March on?

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

My advice is visit your LOCAL office and seek clarification from them. They will tell you the regulations as THEY see them at present, which makes for a smoother ride when you apply.

not everybody lives nearby their immigration office... for many it is hours away

27 minutes ago, moonhiker said:

Unless it's digitally signed...

You can edit any PDF,even if it's digitally signed. I guess you're thinking about doing it using Acrobat. There are other ways. 

18 minutes ago, Katy Gorice said:

not everybody lives nearby their immigration office... for many it is hours away

Why not calling the immigration office? You don't have that many options. 

4 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So I'll order a one-year statement to be on the safe side. It's just a visit more to my bank.

Could be quite funny if the statement needs a week to be provided and the IO tells you then, it may not be older than two days or so...

A one year bank statement is not the same as the bank letter. The bank letter just states that you have an account with the bank and the balance as of the day of the letter. This is the document that often cannot be more than 2-3 days old. In addition you may have to do a same day bank transaction and update your bank book. It is always better to go over prepared rather than under prepared if the tasks are cheap and easy to do.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Martyp said:

A one year bank statement is not the same as the bank letter. 

You're right, but the 6-month statement you can get on the fly at your local branch along with the letter and the updated bank book.

Needing a 12-month statement to be on the save side takes one more bank visit. No problem.

I'll provide that including two sets of copies of each and everything to them. IO must instantly fall in love with me handing her out a phonebook like huge paperwork.

They might even ask me for a foto shooting for their wallpapers.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You're right, but the 6-month statement you can get on the fly at your local branch along with the letter and the updated bank book.

Needing a 12-month statement to be on the save side takes one more bank visit. No problem.

I'll provide that including two sets of copies of each and everything to them. IO must instantly fall in love with me handing her out a phonebook like huge paperwork.

They might even ask me for a foto shooting for their wallpapers.

Good plan. 

Correct if I'm wrong. This requirement for the bank statements has been fired up by a recent application at CM? 

I'm thinking your extension must be coming up hence need to be prepared.

Guess folk doing extension later this year can be better informed.

If your thread turns out to be required at all imm office, it's not left field to think imm offices are trying to drive expats to use agents. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

The IO will just think "what's the matter with this guy"

An IO thinking? You must be kidding.

• Haha 2

Yes all this is a pain. I have my money in a fcd account and I have to put money in to update book and it cost me. Min £12 fee. as the money has to be in UK pounds. And I still have go pay the 100 b fee for a bank letter and all this has to be less then 3 days old. So can't even transfer Money not enough time so has to be cash in pounds 

52 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

An IO thinking? You must be kidding.

They are not many, I give you that. 

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are no new requirements. 

There may be a change in the proof that you maintained the required 400k/800k baht balance for the past year.

Apparently some offices are already requiring a one year bank statement instead along with the bank book. Not everybody updates their bank book regularly.

Don't know if this applies to 800k method, but I had to show an updated - to current day - bankbook - for income method.

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

Don't know if this applies to 800k method, but I had to show an updated - to current day - bankbook - for income method.

Yes, the bank book has to be updated and the balance must match the bank letter if using the money in the bank method.

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Yes, the bank book has to be updated and the balance must match the bank letter if using the money in the bank method.

Whether you can update the bank book depends on the particular bank and type of account.  For example only, a fixed term account at Siam Commercial bank (an account that accrues interest for a set period of time although you can access the funds earlier with a loss of accrued interest) cannot be updated regardless if you or the bank sticks the bank book in the update machine.  That type of SCB account is what I've been using for the annual extension (800k method) for almost 10 years here in Chiangmai and never has the bank book been updated (as it can't be) or has an immigration officer questioned it. 

22 hours ago, offset said:

I do not think you can update a fix deposit account because no money transactions are made and if you put the book through the machine it comes back the same as before. I have to make a small withdrawal when I get it updated for my yearly extension

With my fixed account for 800K it can be updated because of the interest and tax deduction each month. In fact in my account there are so many updates that it takes at least two pass books for a year, usually 2.5 actually. The IO usually gets a bit fed up going through it and the copies that they also require.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Whether you can update the bank book depends on the particular bank and type of account.  For example only, a fixed term account at Siam Commercial bank (an account that accrues interest for a set period of time although you can access the funds earlier with a loss of accrued interest) cannot be updated regardless if you or the bank sticks the bank book in the update machine.  That type of SCB account is what I've been using for the annual extension (800k method) for almost 10 years here in Chiangmai and never has the bank book been updated (as it can't be) or has an immigration officer questioned it. 

Sure it can.  For one thing the interest payment will show up as an update.  You can also deposit or take out a small amount to get an update.