Shell, fake gas?

bearpolar

We've been putting diesel from shell(Kathu or Chaofa west) most of the time for the last few months and a few km after driving we always get tank empty.(its apparent if we just put a quick 200b instead of a full tank) The car shows regular l/100km but its using gas 5-10times faster. No issue with Caltex/PTT.

Anyone experience the same? Also i just put air at PTT in my bike, it showed i was at 14psi when shell showed 35, i believe ptt as the bike felt really soft.

• Haha 1

Is there a Shell pump at Kathu ?  Oh I guess out towards Big Tesco.  Chaofa West .,... maybe near Phuket Town.

Do you actually look at the pump readings or just stay in car. I get out and monitor the action ? Far to easy to get cheated. Caltex Patong terrible for that.

As for air pressure I use PTT near Wat Chalong. Reading agree with my portable meter. 

1 hour ago, bearpolar said:

We've been putting diesel from shell(Kathu or Chaofa west) most of the time for the last few months and a few km after driving we always get tank empty.(its apparent if we just put a quick 200b instead of a full tank)

Just read that last bit in parenthesis again folks!

I know a pick up driver who never puts fuel in his truck until the gauge is on empty and the fuel warning light is on. He then 'tops up' with 300 bahts worth. He leave the forecourt with less fuel in his tank than I would have when I entered the garage.

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Just read that last bit in parenthesis again folks!

I know a pick up driver who never puts fuel in his truck until the gauge is on empty and the fuel warning light is on. He then 'tops up' with 300 bahts worth. He leave the forecourt with less fuel in his tank than I would have when I entered the garage.

but it burns those fumes 5 to 10 times faster so it must be fake!!

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Is there a Shell pump at Kathu ?  Oh I guess out towards Big Tesco.  Chaofa West .,... maybe near Phuket Town.

Do you actually look at the pump readings or just stay in car. I get out and monitor the action ? Far to easy to get cheated. Caltex Patong terrible for that.

As for air pressure I use PTT near Wat Chalong. Reading agree with my portable meter. 

Always look at it. 

Can't figure out what could cause this. Even if they were putting b10 into the regular diesel, that would show a difference on the gas mileage thingy.

It also only started a few months ago, no issues with the 2 shell stations before that.

Edited by bearpolar

2 minutes ago, bearpolar said:

Always look at it. 

Can't figure out what could cause this. Even if they were putting b10 into the regular diesel, that would show a difference on the gas mileage thingy.

Well, you know that taxis can have their meter doctored...........................:whistling: