Retirement extention

I have a M.E. non imm "0" visa which needs to be extended by 4 june. I have 2 questions.

If i leave Thailand now with a re-entry permit and return after 4 june, will my visa have expired? Alternatively, how soon can I apply for the extention due by 4 june?

Thanks

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa you will get a new 90 day entry from it up to the date it expires.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of any the 90 day entries from it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I have a M.E. non imm "0" visa which needs to be extended by 4 june. I have 2 questions.

If i leave Thailand now with a re-entry permit and return after 4 june, will my visa have expired?

Assuming the 4th June is the expiry date of your current permission to stay; yes. A re-entry permit would only protect that stay and would need to be used on or before the 4th June.

If you original ME O entry visa has expired it can no longer be used.

42 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Alternatively, how soon can I apply for the extention due by 4 june?

Within the last 30 days.

If you are the spouse or parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension (and protect it with a re-entry permit), and apply for a 1 year extension after that. That might help if you need to buy more time due to a trip outside the country.