Kiwi's from France in Foodland

Thian

6 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Or maybe: 

Under optimum storage conditions at a temperature of -0.5ºC and 0ºC and a relative humidity of 90 to 95%, kiwis can be stored for between 3 and 5 months. Controlled atmosphere storage extends the period for kiwis by 3-4 months

https://www.van-amerongen.com/en/kiwi-storage

Yes maybe that's what they did...or they were grown in greenhouses in France.

11 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

I just checked... these overseas departments use on labels Fabriqué en France (Made in France)

I see, but shouldn't that be 'fabrique en republique Francais'? This is misleading because they are not from France in case they came from the overseas departments.

10 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Are you not aware of cold storage? Maybe you you should look up the shelf life of colt storage fruits in general.

Welcome to a multinational trade system.

No i don't know much about that...i do know that van Amerongen is from Holland though.

Those kiwi's looked very good, smooth without wrinkles and fat.

Kiwi fruit are grown in France.  To quote from once source:

"The Adour is possibly the best-known region for French kiwis, where ¼ of French kiwi production takes place thanks to over 350 growers. Kiwis are one of the only exotic fruit that can be grown on home soil in this region, which boasts ideal growing conditions thanks to granite soil, a good amount of humidity and a temperate climate."

"Kiwis grown in France are generally harvested in October or November and then kept in cold rooms, to be sold through the spring months."

https://www.franceagroalimentaire.com/en/thematiques/french-products/articles/a-kiwi-story/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Kiwi fruit are grown in France.  To quote from once source:

"The Adour is possibly the best-known region for French kiwis, where ¼ of French kiwi production takes place thanks to over 350 growers. Kiwis are one of the only exotic fruit that can be grown on home soil in this region, which boasts ideal growing conditions thanks to granite soil, a good amount of humidity and a temperate climate."

"Kiwis grown in France are generally harvested in October or November and then kept in cold rooms, to be sold through the spring months."

https://www.franceagroalimentaire.com/en/thematiques/french-products/articles/a-kiwi-story/

This must be it , so there's no cheating and they are really grown in France!

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's got nothing to do with summer, or winter. Kiwis do not grow in Europe. That's perhaps why New Zealanders are called Kiwis? 

They grow in France too, since over 30 years, in a region called "Adour" - South-West of France between Pyrénées Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "adour kiwi france" Résultat de recherche d'images pour "carte france adour"

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

"Under optimum storage conditions at a temperature of -0.5ºC and 0ºC and a relative humidity of 90 to 95%, kiwis can be stored for between 3 and 5 months. Controlled atmosphere storage extends the period for kiwis by 3-4 months". I'm sorry I think that would kill a Kiwi for they are quite sensitive birds.

Oscar brand kiwis are grown in France.

These farmers are grouped into 5 cooperatives.

SCAAP Kiwifruits de France (10,000 tonnes of kiwifruit in Adour)

SCA Vallée du Lot (2,000 tonnes in the Lot and Garonne regions)

Lorifruit (1,000 tonnes in the Drôme region)

Landadour (1,000 tonnes in Adour)

Agrucorse (700 tonnes in Corsica) 

In 2015, the newly- named Alliance Kiwi France united these 5 cooperatives, representing 600 farmers operating on 850 hectares in France.

http://oscar.kiwi/en/in-pictures/