BANGKOK
hydraides

Flight time changed by airline and Overstay stamp

I was meant to fly out of thailand on the 7th of March(When my visa exempt expires)...................

The airline has changed the flight to the next day (To the 8th)

I know that for only 24 hours over there will be no overstay fine from the airport ......BUT there will still be a 24 hour overstay stamp.

----Do you think if i bring evidence my flight was cancelled/changed I can dodge the 24 hour overstay stamp?

-------I am planning to fly from Phuket > KL ..............to get a tourist visa........(It would not look good to have an overstay stamp on the previous page)

Maybe its better try and rearrange to another flight on the 7th..........(I booked through a 3rd party so not sure if this is possible........I am low on money so really cannot afford to waste even more money on a whole new flight)

From 1pm on saturday 7th........to 1pm on 8th sunday

Don't really want to stay in the airport for 12 hours+

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I think there's a 24 hour grace period for this sort of thing but I cannot be certain. Bringing proof of the change of schedule should see you avoid any problems.

• Like 1

If flying from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for an overstay of less than 24 hours and the stamp will say that.

At other airports you will be fined 500 baht.

You could apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry if you have not gotten one yet for your current entry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

The airline won't issue boarding pass less than 3 hours prior to flight.

If you check in online you also get boarding passes. Often this is possible weeks before the flight.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can you not call the airline and insist they honor the original flight or arrange alternative at their cost due to visa issue?

I dont know if you can.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That depends on which airport your flying out of. Also I'm not aware of ONE airline that you could obtain "weeks before flight".

Most have a 48 hour prior. 

Many airline even with online check in require you to attend check in.

The line is called "Document check".

Eg right now I type this from Saigon.

Fly back to bkk tomorrow. No point in me doing online check in. I will still have to attend counter. That will not open till 3 hours pre departure.

Can anyone tell me the advantage of online check-in if you have luggage. Still got to weigh it in, have passport, and maybe temperature, checked. The on-line check in queues are sometimes longer than the other, or the staff simply point you to the next available one, checked in or not. And you show them your printed boarding pass.....and they print another for you.

10 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Can anyone tell me the advantage of online check-in if you have luggage. Still got to weigh it in, have passport, and maybe temperature, checked. The on-line check in queues are sometimes longer than the other, or the staff simply point you to the next available one, checked in or not. And you show them your printed boarding pass.....and they print another for you.

True. However the online check in system is pretty much for folk with no baggage drop off. There is a lot of them esp in Asia where many folk travel light weight.

My Thai gf and myself travel often to Japan. Online check in. Then use doc check line works well.

Not possible if we had check in luggage at some airports.

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I think i've never seen an online checkin / luggage drop off queue which is longer than the regular queue.

Usually this queue is empty or a hand full of persons maximum, so it saves you from standing in the regular queue (sometimes 30 minutes)

Edited by jackdd

40 minutes ago, hydraides said:

From 1pm on saturday 7th........to 1pm on 8th sunday

Don't really want to stay in the airport for 12 hours+

Clear immigration, then Lounge pass and hotel

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1