[Pictures] A relatively deserted Patong Beach

webfact

seldom see ANY Chinese tourists on the beach ANYTIME>so whats the point of this thread?
they aren't beach goers, but shoppers and tour people and judging by the absence of tour bus's on the roads an shoppers around, I'd say the Chinese aren't really here this high season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smiggley said:

With that amount of tourists what is Phuket complaining about.

They are complainig. BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT USED TO BE.     (old picture, probably from before the Chinese)

You can bet that is an old picture and the tourism Dept. is trying 'feebly', to use it to Make non thinkers that those people are still coming.   LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

They are complainig. BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT USED TO BE.     (old picture, probably from before the Chinese)

You can bet that is an old picture and the tourism Dept. is trying 'feebly', to use it to Make non thinkers that those people are still coming.   LOL

Please, if you have only fake information, don't post.

I live here. Yep shortage of Chinese seems to be true compared to last few high seasons. Few Indians too from what I have seen.  Still see Chinese but few where I go. It seems fir the most part Chinese are not water babies and don’t flock to the sand like euros do. Definitely not the hoards and bus loads arriving and swarming Patong is a tightly packed tourist hub. I don’t like it much myself (I live 25 minutes from there).

in and out for things I need to do and my gym that’s it for me ????????

the water is dirtier in Patong and the beaches too busy for my liking.

i get how Euros from cold or very mild summers just love being able to walk there and stay half naked in the hot sun all day... they just love it.

european beaches by and large are always crowded affairs so transferring that here probably isn’t something the euro visitors even notice.

there are beaches here still that allow relative quiet and lack of tourist madness but I ain’t naming them ????

Early mornings is beaut at the 3 beaches nearby my home - quiet people free, cool clear morning water to swim in. Middle of the morning is time to vacate for moi.

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

I do not think the statement is fake. A good point made was the deckchair mafia were thrown off the beach years ago. As a surmise I would say the photo is pre coup. The people in charge go on about fake news yet allow this. It would be nice if a expat took a real 2020 photo. 

Chairs have been back for a couple of years now. All back same way as 'pre coup' 

Why would The Nation publish an old photo? No reason.

I haven't been to Patong but Karon Beach is still very busy. It's mainly Russians, most of whom booked months ago and haven't cancelled. There are also plenty of Scandinavians as it's currently the time of the Swedish winter break. 

The difference is away from the beach where the traffic is so much better without the hordes of minibuses and hotels and other businesses that cater for the Chinese are suffering.

New bookings, however, are becoming a rarity. Despite popular belief, many hotels have slashed their prices and there's competition for those few tourists coming to Phuket. Plenty of three star hotels with pool and breakfast avaialable for under 1500 baht a night - unheard of for February (well since the tsunami aftermath anyway).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Scot123 said:

I do not think the statement is fake. A good point made was the deckchair mafia were thrown off the beach years ago. As a surmise I would say the photo is pre coup. The people in charge go on about fake news yet allow this. It would be nice if a expat took a real 2020 photo. 

A real February 2020 photo is the topic of this thread.