[Pictures] A relatively deserted Patong Beach

webfact

23 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

That is the topic which as many who follow TV know photos are not always current that accompany articles. Again the deckchais give the date away. 

You're right. The chairs give away that it's recent. Notice the gap between the banks of chairs? That wasn't there prior to the crackdown.

• Thanks 1

This is a video I took in late December on my phone. I avoided filming the chairs, of which there are quite a few. As you can see, plenty of not too busy areas also for what is said to be a busy beach,

If I get to there again before anyone else puts a video up I will take another one showing the entire beach.

Simon. 

Edited by Simon1287
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Scot123 said:

That is the topic which as many who follow TV know photos are not always current that accompany articles. Again the deckchais give the date away. 

So the guy living outside of Thailand feels he knows better than the locals.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, buick said:

thanks for the current photos.  those would make more sense for this article.  still wondering about the photo in the OP.

Just zoom in on the 3rd photo with the sunbeds and umbrellas. That will give you about the same picture as the one in the OP.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 3:44 PM, stevenl said:

Just zoom in on the 3rd photo with the sunbeds and umbrellas. That will give you about the same picture as the one in the OP.

i'm still not sold on the photo but thanks for the effort.  too cynical i guess.

edit:  did you see the article about surin beach erosion ?  different publisher but they showed a picture of karon beach, not surin beach !!

Edited by buick
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, buick said:

i'm still not sold on the photo but thanks for the effort.  too cynical i guess.

edit:  did you see the article about surin beach erosion ?  different publisher but they showed a picture of karon beach, not surin beach !!

So one of the readers here makes an effort, goes out and makes photos, but 'you're not sold on it'.

Where are you living?

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 12:23 PM, Old Croc said:

Taken just now at the Southern end of Karon Beach. Still quite a few people on the beach there.  

karon.JPG

Karon Beach numbers have reduced dramatically in the last week or so. I reckon the numbers on the beach are close to half what the were ten days ago. People going home and not being replaced with equal numbers. It's more likee the end of March than the end of February.

10 hours ago, madmitch said:

Karon Beach numbers have reduced dramatically in the last week or so. I reckon the numbers on the beach are close to half what the were ten days ago. People going home and not being replaced with equal numbers. It's more likee the end of March than the end of February.

Just back from Karon Beach. Busier today than it was four days ago! Mainly Russians but I have met a few Scandinavians who have booked very cheap last minute deals!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, stevenl said:

So one of the readers here makes an effort, goes out and makes photos, but 'you're not sold on it'.

Where are you living?

the photos that were shared looked alot different than the photo in the OP - at least to my eye.  as i see it, the shared photos confirmed what the OP was talking about, a relatively deserted beach.  while the photo in the OP appeared to show a very, very crowded beach.  i'm living in bangkok.  i used to live in patong beach.  i've spent a least 1,000 days on patong beach so i've got some experience in the matter.  i'm not sold on your point of view but i am sold on mine, the beach there is deserted (as noted by the article), the shared photos by the member show a somewhat deserted beach based on what i've seen in patong beach, and the photos used in the OP are a stock photos.  not taken in connection with the publishing of the article.

Edited by buick
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, buick said:

the photos that were shared looked alot different than the photo in the OP - at least to my eye.  as i see it, the shared photos confirmed what the OP was talking about, a relatively deserted beach.  while the photo in the OP appeared to show a very, very crowded beach.  i'm living in bangkok.  i used to live in patong beach.  i've spent a least 1,000 days on patong beach so i've got some experience in the matter.  i'm not sold on your point of view but i am sold on mine, the beach there is deserted (as noted by the article), the shared photos by the member show a somewhat deserted beach based on what i've seen in patong beach, and the photos used in the OP are a stock photos.  not taken in connection with the publishing of the article.

You can stick to your opinion as much as you like, it is still wrong.