BANGKOK
Faddybus

Suvarnabhumi..what do they know?

Hi, I am 43 have lived in Thailand doing visa runs for 12 years.

I live off my own money and do not work in Thailand.

The problem is I am too young to get a retirement visa, not married and don't have children in Thailand.

There is no visa for me ( unless I pay 500 000 for the VIP ) other than a tourist visa.

I have done visa runs to savanakhette and vientianne and most other borders in and out.

My passport was stamped with the blue "this person travels requently blah blah blah' so I had to get a new passport.(I've had a few)

Carried on getting tourist visas from the consulates and entering without any problem.

This is my question...

If I fly into savarnabumi with a relatively clean passport , will they bring up my past travel details and give me the 3rd degree and maybe deport me. Or is it just like all border crossings and only done on a visual look in your passport?

(Ps came in through nakhon phanom and they have fingerprint readers now, the immigration guy couldn't work out if I was entitled to a visa exemption so he definitely didn't have record of my travel past)

Cheers

Fb

They know everything.  The questions are how well they compare and correlate information and how often they do it, and how up to date the electronic records are, and how competent an individual immigration official is.  You clearly are at risk of being denied.  A METV from your home country may help.

• Like 2

Ok maybe I should have put it a different way.

When I fly into Suvarnabhumi with a clean passport, do the immigration bods look on the screen to see my Thailand travel records  or just do a visual check of the passport.

I think it's just a visual check going by the info they had at overland borders but not sure.

Would be appreciated if anyone in the same sort of position or someone that has been pulled with a clean newish passport to advise please.

Thanks fb

• Thanks 1

OP, its common knowledge that immigration now uses facial recognition, fingerprints etc. There is a PR story every couple of weeks how they caught an over stayer, too many visits or undesirable using bio-metrics. Add to that the BMWs with facial recognition cameras etc, It wont be a case of if but when.

I mentioned in a previous thread that I was able to observe my details at immigration once when entering Thailand.

As soon as passport is inserted the screen shows your last visit details. In my case in was two entries showing exit from Thailand at Mukdahan and entry at Pho Nam Ron. IO scrolled back again and there was exit Thailand at Phu Nam Ron and enter at DMK. I had entered DMK on my old passport and left via Phu Nam Ron on a new passport and it was seamlessly recorded.

I would say that your chances on entering Thailand depends on how far back the IO scrolls on the computer.

• Like 2

I can understand that after 12 successful years you might feel it unlikely that they will challenge you sometime soon... but I feel you are on borrowed time. You are likely to be denied some time soon at BKK or DMG. 

Maybe look at that PE Visa. 

• Like 1

You are the ‘perfect’ Thai Elite candidate, additionally you are not really a ‘tourist’.

Immigration at the Airports have a record of every entry and exit into Thailand and use key information (Name, DOB, Nationality, Place of Birth etc) and can go back years and see your records.

A friend of mine works in Immigration, about 7 or 8 years ago we were in the pub and I ‘tested him’ about the records, within about 10mins he had screen prints on his phone of all of my entries and exits over the past number of years (on different passports) - my take away is ’they know everything they need to’ although I not certain how well tied in the land boarder crossings are. 

If you want to stay here ‘risk free', stumping up for an Elite Visa would be your best option, everything else involves taking the gamble and risking rejected entry. 

• Like 1

Could have paid for an elite with all the runs.

Im in the same boat mind you, though I wont be here in 12 years I reckon. But I actually "live" in Cambodia, so I am a true tourist 🙂