habuspasha

If you are young at heart ("boyish, you said), and can "perform" adequately when this important aspect is required, my belief is that your relationship will continue unaffected by the significant age gap. 

As time passes, and you deposit enough caring and happy moments into your partner's "emotional bank account", any infirmity you take on in later years will be off-set by the "credit balance" you have built up over time.  You seem to have it all figured out.  Keep on truckin'!

• Like 2

I cannot contribute to your question: “I’m interested in those relationships that have worked, standing some test of time.  I’m interested in how much age matters, how often it’s mentioned, what to expect, what to avoid, what to do.

Still, I would like to write some thoughts about: “But I guess I worry about what happens if that changes.”

Of course you might have a different point of view of my thoughts :-)

Every hour that we are living brings us one hour closer to the moment where we will pass away. Being aware of that fact, I concentrate on each day, or some people say on each moment.

What I would like to say is that I believe that the quality of time one spends with a loved one can be more important, brings deeper joy and happiness than the quantity of time. Therefore I try to create every hour with a loved one as joyful, fulfilling as possible. Maybe this approach can give you some peace of mind and fewer worries about what the future will be. I wish both of you a wonderful time together.

• Like 1

My wife of 16 years is only 33 years younger than me. If yours has lasted as long as it sounds, its right. Don't sweat the nasty old ladies in farang land. I dated a woman over 40 twice in my life, once 45 years ago and once about 30 years ago. But no relationship I ever had lasted a 1/3 of the time this one has. She tells me i have to stay healthy so i can take care of her when she gets old. Sounds fair to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

This is not good... have you had it checked out? I will keep my distance from your posts for a while... 

Nah, we're all in recovery now, apart from the cough, 8yo son back at school today.

Was in hospital this morning (regular visit) nurse at the entrance taking everyone's temp as they entered (36.2c).

Nice new hospital at SanSai, opened in the last month, about 5%-10% of the people inside wearing masks.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Disagree,

The only important consideration is your wallet.

If any of these old guys claiming 'she loves me for myself', ever ran out of money, Miss Young would be gone in 60 seconds.

And that is the case with 90% of relationships, worldwide. Despite the age difference or not. Most women want financial security. No difference here, except perhaps the transparency of it all, which is so refreshing and honest. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Most women want financial security.

You are too generous in your phraseology.

I prefer the term 'selfish whores', which still doesn't really describe (or explain) the vindictiveness they show when they leave.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

If you have a relationship with a woman or girl 30 years younger then you , my qeustion is , when did this relationship start ????? Your 70 she's in her 30ties now . But when did you meet ?? If you where 50 that would make a big diference i would say . Just pointing it out. 

• Thanks 2