Former DOJ officials call on U.S. Attorney General Barr to resign

webfact

18 hours ago, rgraham said:

The active word in the headline is "former", in other words you don't count anymore.

What's the "active word" in this case?

Federal judges' association calls emergency meeting after DOJ intervenes in case of Trump ally Roger Stone

A national association of federal judges has called an emergency meeting Tuesday to address growing concerns about the intervention of Justice Department officials and President Donald Trump in politically sensitive cases, the group’s president said Monday.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, who heads the independent Federal Judges Association, said the group “could not wait” until its spring conference to weigh in on a deepening crisis that has enveloped the Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe told USA TODAY.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/17/roger-stone-sentence-judges-worried-political-interference/4788155002/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, BobBKK said:

Because it's a blatant misuse of justice. Comey lied, Strok lied and Clinton lied why are they not up for 9 year jail?  9 years is longer than rapists get and the foreperson was a biased Dem and if you can't see the injustice in that then you are lost to any sense of propriety. BTW I don't particularly like Stone but I love fair play.

Trump sicked his own justice department on all of those people... And they found that none of them deserved prosecution. Roger Stone threatened people. He betrayed the sanctity of his own countries elections, he lied, he put out attacks on the judge in his own case, and he never showed any sign of remorse, stretched the trial out as long as he could while he attempted to influence witnesses. Surely, you can't be serious?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jcsmith said:

Trump sicked his own justice department on all of those people... And they found that none of them deserved prosecution. Roger Stone threatened people. He betrayed the sanctity of his own countries elections, he lied, he put out attacks on the judge in his own case, and he never showed any sign of remorse, stretched the trial out as long as he could while he attempted to influence witnesses. Surely, you can't be serious?

I don't doubt for a second that Stone is a manipulating toe-rag but nine years?  NINE?  rapists don't get that, serious assaults don't get that. Did he hurt anyone?  kill?  rape?  I would have thought 6 months to a year fitted the crime. Too much politics in just about everything these days.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I don't doubt for a second that Stone is a manipulating toe-rag but nine years?  NINE?  rapists don't get that, serious assaults don't get that. Did he hurt anyone?  kill?  rape?  I would have thought 6 months to a year fitted the crime. Too much politics in just about everything these days.

He threatened witnesses in the trial against himself.

It doesn’t get more serious than assaulting the process of justice, without which any heinous crime you wish to list cannot be reliably brought to justice.

11 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

Unfortunately, surely he is serious.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Killers are rapists get longer than 9 years in most cases, they may not serve that long (typically a third of their sentence or less) but they get sentenced to it typically. Armed robbery without anyone getting hurt is a mandatory 10 years in a lot of states. 

A post using multi quotes have been removed:

Forum Netiquette:

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes. 

An inflammatory post in which one member was accusing the another member of being a liar has been removed.  Continue to post in that manner and a warning will be issued.