Pattaya: Elderly Belgian man dies after argument with neighbors over noise from his pump

webfact

Pattaya: Elderly Belgian man dies after argument with neighbors over noise from his pump

1pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Nong Prue police and Sawang Boriboon rescue services found a 65 year old Belgian man dead by his pool yesterday evening.

It was at AD House complex in Khao Talo. The owner of house number 63/39 was Willem B. His body was taken away to Bang Lamung Hospital.

77kaoded reported that before the body was found the police had been contacted after a dispute between neighbors over noise coming from the pump.

The victim had reportedly gone to a friend's house then back to his own and a police patrol was on its way to sort out the trouble.

The media said it was strange that when the patrol found the body medical staff from Bang Lamung Hospital were not called.

An autopsy is now taking place at the Police Hospital to determine what happened.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-17
  • Confused 1

I have a friend who lives in a moo ban in the outskirts of Pattaya who's surrounded by other housed each keeping a menagerie of both farm and show animals whereby the noises emanating from them unbearable and enough to send you over the bend and for some people excessive noises is enough to make them do rush decisions...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pool pumps usually do not make that much noise.

This story is providing little information.... was he tinkering with the pump? 

If it is broken they can make a lot of noise before they completely stop to work. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If it is broken they can make a lot of noise before they completely stop to work. 

Yes I understand that, I just fixed my home water pump that was making a racket. 

If my pool pump started to make a racket I would turn it off before it wrecks itself, they are darned expensive 

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

I find it unbelievable that Thais are complaining about noise !!

Hopefully there will be a proper investigation into the mans death, not the usual cover up because it is about a farang.

Our neighbor complained about our dogs barking....but his bark all day and night long. He has about 6 or 8 <deleted>zu dogs that yap. My wife told him to <deleted> off.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pool pumps usually do not make that much noise.

This story is providing little information.... was he tinkering with the pump? 

That was my first thought too.

Wasn't there an incident a few months ago when a foreign man was electrocuted whilst fixing his pool pump?

• Like 1