Hundreds of syringes/blood tubes found dumped in the sea off Sattahip

webfact

Hundreds of syringes/blood tubes found dumped in the sea off Sattahip

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An investigation is underway in Sattahip, Chonburi after more than 500 syringes and blood collection tubes were found floating in the sea in the Samaesan area.

The authorities had been alerted after a post on a popular site called "Mor Lab Panda" on Facebook. Fears were expressed that the items might be infected with diseases.

Reporters spoke to the local phoo yai ban Natthapong who said that he had contacted health authorities and speedboat operators to come and collect the mass of medical equipment.

o.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Local authority leader Mr Adul said this was most irregular - the area is known for having a lovely clean seaside, he said.

It is thought that the items came from a beauty clinic or regular clinic.

An investigation is underway to try and determine how the equipment found its way into the sea.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-17
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

An investigation is underway to try and determine how the equipment found its way into the sea.

No need for an investigation,somebody threw it into the sea.

to save money by not disposing of them properly.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Could be from that cruise ship that was near recently all the virus test paraphernalia.

NEVER!.   Cruises ships have proper sanitary means of disposal. Their well trained medical staffs are ever alert for dangers such as this. I CAN'T HOWEVER say the same for the locals.

I can't believe that any clinic would do this, but who knows.  TIT (This Is Thailand)

A personal thought i've had is that a couple cases are very possible,

1. Some doper broke into a clinic looking for drugs, grabbed a bunch of things and thinking stese syringes would be nice took them too. Then later got worried and dumped them. Let's wait to see if they tie it to any clinic break-ins.

2. Some clinic cleaning crews had cleaned a clinic after hours and one member of the crew wound up with the duty to take these to an authorized disposal place, but found it easier to dispose of them her thinking that 'Nobody would know'.

I'm just thinking out loud.   We will have to wait and maybe know more.

IMHO -- it would NOT have come off a cruise ship.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Local authority leader Mr Adul said this was most irregular - the area is known for having a lovely clean seaside, he said.

Yeah the photo shows crystal clear water.. perfect for swimming... clarity is about 2mm I should imagine?