BANGKOK
webfact

Grandparents and their 2 year old grandson killed in head on smash - little boy was on gran's lap on the front seat

Grandparents and their 2 year old grandson killed in head on smash - little boy was on gran's lap on the front seat

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily Nes

Daily News reported on yet more carnage on Thailand's roads at the weekend.

In Khon Kaen three people were killed after a Suzuki Ciaz collided head on with an earth moving truck on the Lao Na Dee road near the Vithes Suksa Bilingual School in Muang district.

Dead behind the wheel was granddad Art, 47, next to him was his wife Somkhit.

She was holding their 2 year 8 month old grandson on her lap in the front of the vehicle.

All were dead.

It took rescuers an hour to cut them free from the wreckage.

The driver of a pick-up truck, Suriya, 40, told police what happened.

He said he had just picked up papaya from the market when the Suzuki tried to undertake him at high speed. But it was at a narrowing in the road and there was a collision with his vehicle as he braked.

The Suzuki was propelled into the other side of the road into the path of an earth moving six wheeler. The driver of that vehicle was taken to hospital.

Yoi Muang Kao, Khon Kaen police are investigating.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-17
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, anterian said:

Ironically kids on laps are often killed by the airbag triggering in a minor collision. 

Because they have nothing to do on a seat in the front of the vehicle before being ten or twelve years old, or else must be attached to a specific seat "child", so back to the road .

When the Thais understand that a vehicle is not an amusement park .. the hens will have teeth.

To come back to this tragic accident, I am sure that the reaction of the family or those who think they know will be: they did not have the right amulet in the car :wacko:

Edited by Assurancetourix
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

I fought this battle with my former gf. I offered to buy the seat for her newborn grandchild whom she loved so dearly. I lost that battle.

• Sad 2

I don't care if they get killed anymore.

I know..it's a shocking confession but it is what it is..I simply don't care if the numpties slaughter each other..and I have no desire to drive on a Thai road ever again.

That's the bottom line, people-they can all massacre each other with great gusto (as they do) as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

see the Alphards

A luxury Toyota SUV ... worth a few million baht.
To go back to the minibuses which are almost all Toyota, I have never seen a passenger fastening his seat belt.
However, there should be belts in working condition in these vehicles.
No belts in song theo which are sometimes as large as coaches and can carry 20 to 30 people.
No belt in the tuk tuk;
no helmet on the four people transported in a saleng, these motorcycles with side cars not homologous in thailand and yet there are millions of them circulating ....
In short, security seems to me an unknown word in the Thai dictionary;
on the other hand they know how to use it, in English, without knowing what it means, of course.

Safety First on the side of the truck and on the T-shirts of two workers. :neus:

P9251226_safety_first.thumb.JPG.f68407bb06a50bcb1f92441799e0573e.JPG

• Haha 1