Waiting for Extension Application decision

You may have seen a prvious post, I was denied from making an application for extension based on marriage using the income method with Phuket immigration. they said they dont acceppt Income based applications

Then there was a post about Phuket immigration chief saying this was wrong and they would accept them, so I returned and  enquired about this on the day that post was made, at first they were unaware of it, so I showed them the article and spoke with a 'Supervisor' (importnat looking guy with 3 stars on his lapels), he made a few phone calls, and came back to me and told me they would accept the application, Redid my paperwork and went back 2 days later and  they have accepted the application, and gave me a 30 days extension whilst they make their decision

They stamped me until 28th February, but because they used to just flat out refuse to take these applications, I am not really confident about the application, even though I gave them all of the corect paper work, and my application is legitimate and in accordance with the 'rules' . Question is I am keen to find out. Do I need to wait until the 28th and go to immigration then, or am I able to go before this date, and even if I am, is it advisable. 

Also, when  I posted about 2 months ago, that they would not take my application, there was advise about getting a 12 month visa from Laos based on marriage, but I would have to leave the country every 3 months

I am concerened it wont be agreed, If they dont agree my visa, is this other option still available to me. What are my options if they dont agree my visa.

Edited by youngster30uk
sequnece of events was not correct

You got a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it not a extension.

If you application was accepted by Phuket immigration it will almost certainly be approved by Immigration Division 6 headquarters in Hat Yai. If there was a problem with it they would contact you to resolve the problem if possible.

You can check with Phuket immigration early to see it has been approved yet.

You can check online as well. http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/c-visa/visa-a.php

If not approved they would give you 7 days to leave the country. You would then have apply for a new visa at a embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can check with Phuket immigration early to see it has been approved yet.

You can check online as well. http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/c-visa/visa-a.php

Thanks Joe, just checked, current status is under processing.  Just incase is is not approved, does this prevent/ hinder me from being able to obtain other types of visas, as I mentioned above?

Edited by youngster30uk

On 2/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, youngster30uk said:

Just incase is is not approved, does this prevent/ hinder me from being able to obtain other types of visas, as I mentioned above?

No it does not affect applying for another visa at a embassy or consulate.

They might let you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife that would start from the date your existing permit to stay ends.

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Won't happen, rubber stamp in Bangkok,

Not in Bangkok. As I wrote before the approval is done at Division 6 in Hat Yai.

Only those done in the central region of the country are approved in Bangkok by division 1 (Bangkok) or division 3 (anywhere else in the central region).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

No marriage extensions from Phuket are approved in Bangkok - 

Rubber stamp in Hat Yai.

Does anyone really care, would you like to pick at my spelling or grammar?

Has anyone ever seen a post or rumour about a marriage extension that was accepted, then not approved?

I've been around ten years and never seen one.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Bit surprised you guys are so confident in what immigration will do. But I know you are both more knowledgave than I am

The IO in phuket when checking my paperwork wanted to rubbish the bank letters that confirmed my income was from overseas. Had to tell him that they were required, and to put them back .

Didnt realise it went somewhere else for approval, I assumed it would be done at phuket and that someones nose would porobably be out of joint because they have had to back down on not accepting these applications, and therefore would just find a way to refuse it.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Rubber stamp in Hat Yai.

Does anyone really care, would you like to pick at my spelling or grammar?

Has anyone ever seen a post or rumour about a marriage extension that was accepted, then not approved?

I've been around ten years and never seen one.

Welcome to my ignore list ------------ By posting inaccurate information you mislead/confuse people

15 minutes ago, youngster30uk said:

Didnt realise it went somewhere else for approval, I assumed it would be done at phuket and that someones nose would porobably be out of joint because they have had to back down on not accepting these applications, and therefore would just find a way to refuse it.

Any application put under consideration is sent to the division headquarters for where the offices is located for approval.

I don't recall of one ever being disapproved at the division headquarters. I do recall them requesting more info or a clarification about something in a few cases.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Visa is just showing as Approved on the website now. I will go and get it on Friday

It was fund this year, I tried to apply almost 2 months ago, based on Income, Phuket immigration refused the application saying they dont accept  the income method without an Embassy letter. about 5 weeks aftewards there was the news article about the Phuket Immigration officer sayin ghtey would accept the income method without an embassy letter. I went there the ame day, and spoke to a 'supervisor who made some calls, then comfirmed it. Made the appliation 2 days later, it was accepted and now approved. 

If anyone else has been turned way by Phuket immigration trying to use the income method, get back down there quick if you still have time

Thanks Joe, for your info

• Like 2