General Motors to stop selling Chevrolet cars in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps the Chinese manufacturer will go past Thai production of their vehicles and establish full marketing and service in Thailand? 

That would be great for Thailand however I doubt these vehicles (what ever it is they will manufacture here, I assume a pickup)  will sell in any kind of volume.

3 hours ago, drbeach said:

I don't have time to do the research for you. Pretty obvious that Great Wall is going to be using Thailand as a base for it's expansion into SE Asia/Australia/NZ. I don't know what else to tell you. This topic is done now.

Well well well.... Why does this not surprise me.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1149122-help-on-the-way-for-gm-workers-losing-jobs/

Thinking mainly of western counties.

A lot, car manufacturers, well the ones that are left should seriously think about having all their parts made in basically one location.

Eggs in one basket, where have I heard that before????

I know, I know, what about the shareholders? 

I actively look for the made in China label and try my best to NOT buy it/them.

Anyway, you know what I mean.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, billsmart said:

I've always been a "Chevy Man" when i lived in the U.S.

My first car was a 1957 Chevy convertible. (It was about five years old then.) I then had a newer, used 1964 Chevy convertible, and finally a brand new 1967 Chevy Camero SS 396 v8.

I now have a Chevy Colorado truck here in Thailand. I bought it brand new about six years ago. It's been a very good vehicle, and I hope to have it for many more years.

I wonder if the dealerships go, if the new owners, Great Wall, will continue to service cars and trucks like mine.

Isn't it the same as Isuzu DMax? They used to be at one time. 

3 hours ago, transam said:

Would think the second hand value/trade in price, of Chevy stuff will now be decimated, not worth a light....????

I wonder if Ford will go the same way.

Maybe and also kind of sour for people who just bought a Captiva at full

price and what about someone who is selling a used Captiva?

It really will not make much of a dent so to speak,it is only about 5000 or so vehicles.

I would buy a used Chevy truck for peanuts if i could find one.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, billsmart said:

I've always been a "Chevy Man" when i lived in the U.S.

My first car was a 1957 Chevy convertible. (It was about five years old then.) I then had a newer, used 1964 Chevy convertible, and finally a brand new 1967 Chevy Camero SS 396 v8.

I now have a Chevy Colorado truck here in Thailand. I bought it brand new about six years ago. It's been a very good vehicle, and I hope to have it for many more years.

I wonder if the dealerships go, if the new owners, Great Wall, will continue to service cars and trucks like mine.

Your Chevy Colorado shares a lot of parts with the Isuzu DMax, and Great Wall has Isuzu copy trucks so they likely have parts for your truck ????

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...