Thai Consulate Penang

Hello. 

I would like to get a single entry Non O visa (married to a Thai national)  from Penang. Could anyone tell me if the 400,000 THB has to be seasoned first?.

I have only recently transferred this money to a Thai account with the intention of seeking permission to stay once seasoned. However I will require a visa for that period. I have been reading a thread from July 2019 and would like to ask if anything has changed since then in applying for this visa.

Thank you. 

Penang only wants to see 200k baht in a bank on the day you apply. No need for it to be in bank any amount of time.

You could also apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) at your local immigration office based upon qualifying for an extension based upon marriage. The 400k baht only has to be in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

See: https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323240904.pdf

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the same for a single entry non-o visa. A multiple entry non-o requires 400k baht.

Single entry non o being of the only 3 month variety correct?

I ask because a few years ago I was regularly getting multiple entry non o visas with a balance of anywhere from 100 to 200k, and have been advised by an agent there that a healthy bank account statement was required with the suggestion 200k would be quite sufficient.

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

Single entry non o being of the only 3 month variety correct?

A single entry non-o is only valid for 3 months from the date of issue.

They may of lowered their requirements for the multiple entry non-o but I have seen no reports about it.