Confused by Non-O application form

Hi.  I'm planning to head to CW tomorrow to submit my application for Non-O (marriage). I am an American currently on V-E which expires on March 10.  

Last time at CW, I obtained the application form for Non-O and trying to fill it out now.  I'm not entirely sure of what they want for some of this info.

At the top, I put my name.  I will say I'm a resident of USA, since it seems odd to say I'm a "resident" of Thailand while I'm here as a tourist.  Would that be correct?  

But after stating my residence, it looks like they want my address which I take to mean my address in Thailand, not USA. No problem with that. 

Then it really gets weird... "According to (somebody), I entered the Kingdom on such & such a date."  So is this for my wife to attest that I entered Thailand on a date?  Why do I need anyone to attest to this?  I'm a grown-up, plus they have my passport which shows when I entered.  Anyway, do I need to put my wife's name here? (she will be with me, of course, for our visit to CW).  It asks how long is my temporary stay... Would I say 90 days?  After which, I would request a 1-year extension? 

Then above the 3 blank lines, my wife has to attest to I "wish to apply for an Extension of temporary stay..."  <deleted>?  Instead of me stating I wish to stay, I need a 3rd party to tell them I wish to stay?  I'll put whatever they want on this form, but it seems so outlandish that I feel I must misunderstand something. 

Non-O app CW.pdfThen the final statement: "I have guaranteed him for considering the application in allowing  (me) to stay in the Kingdom."  Again, this is my wife guaranteeing my stay?  But then what is the 400,000THB for in the bank which is in MY name only?  I thought the bank account is what's guaranteeing me, not some nebulous guarantee of my wife.

Ok, a lot of random whining in this post I realize, but basically I need to understand what they want in each of these blanks. Or should I just wait till I get there to fill it in?   Thanks 

18 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The form you attached to your post is not the application form for your extension of stay. It is a statement which your wife must fill out and sign.

haha, ok that makes sense.  I asked them for the full application, and this is what they gave me.  I guess I'll get the application when I arrive at CW tomorrow (unless anyone has one they can upload to this post).

Thanks

As said that is not the visa application form. The is form you will complete to apply for the visa. 

TM87 Application For Non Immigrant Visa76.15 kB · 343 downloads

Have you wife complete the statement. Your address here will be needed on it. 

Edit: Have seen this list of requirments already. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323240904.pdf

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As said that is not the visa application form. The is form you will complete to apply for the visa. 

TM87 Application For Non Immigrant Visa76.15 kB · 343 downloads

Have you wife complete the statement. Your address here will be needed on it. 

Edit: Have seen this list of requirments already. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323240904.pdf

Thank you, Joe.  Yes, I've seen that list and we have (almost) everything on it plus other random stuff that people have mentioned (hand-drawn map, copy of ALL pages of my PP, etc. etc.) 

Regrettably, I don't have my departure card.  Hoping I can straighten that out tomorrow.  They used to staple it in the PP and since they don't anymore, I musta tossed it out when I got here. I've heard they can create a new departure card if I give them my arrival flight info... one extra step in our journey tomorrow.

What is you have a multiple non-o visa from an embassy and are in your last 30 days.

so which form do you use ? tm86 or tm87

tm86 :

FormTM.86for the foreigner, who has Tourist orTransit
Visa and want to applies for a change of type of visa
(from Tourist Visa or Transit Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa);

tm87 : 
Form TM.87for the foreigner, who enters the kingdom
of Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in
the kingdom with a permit of stay for a period of
15 days, 30 days, 90 days and want to applies for
non-immigrant visa.

or is this one of them special cases ?

or better try to go a few days before the expire of the last non-o entry, go get another 90 days and better try it on the last 30 days of the "extra" 90 days ?

4 minutes ago, Katy Gorice said:

What is you have a multiple non-o visa from an embassy and are in your last 30 days.

Neither of them since you would be applying for a one year extension not a 90 day day non immigrant visa entry.

You would use a TM7 extension application form.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Neither of them since you would be applying for a one year extension not a 90 day day non immigrant visa entry.

You would use a TM7 extension application form.

the non-o multiple was based on marriage

divorce took it's turn and has been pronounced in the meantime

the new visa would be for being based as parent of Thai child

sure they cannot extend a visa that is not extendable as the marriage is over

25 minutes ago, Katy Gorice said:

the non-o multiple was based on marriage

divorce took it's turn and has been pronounced in the meantime

the new visa would be for being based as parent of Thai child

sure they cannot extend a visa that is not extendable as the marriage is over

You cannot change the category of a non immigrant visa or the reason for one at immigration. You can only go out and apply for a new visa.

Your non-o visa and any entry from it is still valid since they do not end when you get divorced. Only extensions of stay based upon marriage end on the day you get divorced.

You can extend your current 90 day entry based upon being the parent of a Thai.

• Thanks 1

ok thank you JOE

so confusing

I guess I will leave the country just before my visa really expired, to get in theory another 90 days, than I will be visa less I guess as it will expire , but in theory, I would still get 90 days again, even my visa expires let's say end of this month, and I go out tomorrow, I will have 10 days (left on visa) but will get an extra 90 days starting from tomorrow = 80 days extra, right ?

2 minutes ago, Katy Gorice said:

I will have 10 days (left on visa) but will get an extra 90 days starting from tomorrow = 80 days extra, right ?

You will get a new 90 day entry without a problem. After that you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child.

13 minutes ago, Katy Gorice said:

but after the last 90 days extra, I am in theory visa-less , right...

You will not have valid visa after the day your visa expires.

You would have to leave the country get a 30 day visa exempt entry to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) using a TM87 form.

No reason to do that if you want to apply for a one year extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.