UK Life Certificate

31 minutes ago, transam said:
3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, I was not incorrect in what I posted.  I posted exactly what I was told in a personal conversation with a DWP rep earlier that same day. 

Maybe you're asserting that the information that the DWP gave me, from the horses mouth, was incorrect, if so take it up with them (0800 731 0341).  

Perhaps the DWP's procedures have changed since you and colinneil got your information but I sure wouldn't be taking the word of a couple of anonymous posters on Thaivisa in preference to the DWP's current advice when it comes to my pension.

You are not anonymous...?

Yes, I am but the information that I posted here was not from an anonymous source, it was straight from the DWP's horse's mouth!  

You missed my point, though; when it comes to receiving your state pension whose advice are you going to listen to regarding current procedures, the DWP's current advice (which is what I posted after being told it personally a couple of hours earlier) or an anonymous Thaivisa poster's advice that was old?

On 2/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, Just Weird said:

It's not "a balls-up", you just send the form to the address the DWP wants you to send it to.  The location of their call centre is irrelevant.

But the form still needs to get from Wolverhampton to Newcastle before it is officially logged as having been received by DWP. Just your luck if your form shows up at Wolverhampton at around the same time as a whole load of Wolves fans are setting off to Newcastle for a Newcastle v Wolves game!????

• Sad 1
On 2/18/2020 at 6:25 AM, Saltire said:

Anyone have a list of who is an acceptable witness?

I can foresee I would have a problem with that where I live now.

Get anyone with UK passport,in case they do check,most times will not.

Hilarious,when asking for individuals name there,so it could be quoted if needed later,answer given "ask for John "  yeah right!  could not give a toss

• Confused 2

My witness was not one from the list, he is from UK, has his own business in LOS, which has a "rubber stamp", so I used him, then rang UK to see if the guy was accepted, they said yes...????

PS. It seems the rubber stamp is not needed in many cases of a witness as they may be retired etc...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Thanks. As I thought there is virtually no Thai I know in these categories.

Looks like I have 1 year to start befriending pollicemen and airline pilots.

As I said in an earlier post, just as long as you get a stamp, the pension lot are happy. Again my first signature was my dentist (I believe Thais call them doctors anyway), and my second sig was from my gated housing estate manager, there is a good chance that nobody in the pension office will read Thai and will not have a clue what the stamp represents.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Thanks. As I thought there is virtually no Thai I know in these categories.

Looks like I have 1 year to start befriending pollicemen and airline pilots.

I was on that list as a person "fit and proper" to sign,charged a bottle of beer each time

On 2/18/2020 at 8:45 AM, colinneil said:

Please stop giving out false information, after your pension is stopped for non return of life cert, a quick phone call to Newcastle, and it will be reinstated immediately.

wrong, they need the form and they make you wait until the next pension payment is due before you are reimbursed, has happened to me twice, the forms they sent got lost in the post. I even asked a relative of mine who is retired from the DWP as a department manager to intervene on my behalf, he did but it was no use.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, colinneil said:
55 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

wrong, they need the form and they make you wait until the next pension payment is due before you are reimbursed, has happened to me twice, the forms they sent got lost in the post. I even asked a relative of mine who is retired from the DWP as a department manager to intervene on my behalf, he did but it was no use.

Wrong, i phoned DWP spoke to a lady called Alison, she unblocked my pension during the call, money in my bank 2 days later.

Where you privy to that call ? No, so you dont know what happened.

It's strange how your alleged "experience" doesn't fit in with anyone else's here or what has been told to me and others by the DWP about their requirements within the last few days.   But, I suppose, if you spoke to "Alison", you must be right about current procedures and the DWP must be wrong.  I know who I'd be taking advice from.

Talking about being privy to calls, were you privy to my call a few days ago with the DWP?  No, you weren't, so you don't know what their current requirements are which is what is relevant to this thread.

Edited by Just Weird
3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Wrong, i phoned DWP spoke to a lady called Alison, she unblocked my pension during the call, money in my bank 2 days later.

Where you privy to that call ? No, so you dont know what happened.

True, I can only speak from my own experience, I don't doubt that you had success in your endevoure's, a silver tongue and the luck of the Irish perhaps. I think that my experience would be the norm though.

22 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

True, I can only speak from my own experience, I don't doubt that you had success in your endevoure's, a silver tongue and the luck of the Irish perhaps. I think that my experience would be the norm though.

Could be your German accent.....????

4 hours ago, vogie said:

As I said in an earlier post, just as long as you get a stamp, the pension lot are happy. Again my first signature was my dentist (I believe Thais call them doctors anyway), and my second sig was from my gated housing estate manager, there is a good chance that nobody in the pension office will read Thai and will not have a clue what the stamp represents.

A stamp isn't necessary but quoting your (ie the counter signatories) Passport no, UK DL driver no and/or NI no doesn't do any harm as it enables DWP to check if ever they bother to look.

• Like 1