Thai attacked over coronavirus ‘Asian prejudice’ in London

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ParkerN said:

And in UK right now, there is a huge amount of positive discrimination, especially in London where ethnicity appears to be more widespread than white English folk are. In London, positive discrimination is a big part of the woke culture which is increasingly a problem for some white UK people, who have started now to feel discriminated against. The wheel has turned way too far (or so it seems to me) and I don't understand why a lack of discrimination against anyone is now less fashionable that reverse discrimination - lots of examples spring to mind lest the honesty of what I'm saying be doubted.

We should all fear the wheel re-balancing, which would logically see once again the rise of an unacceptable discrimination, which would bring widespread violence since the ethnic content of the population has increased since discrimination really began in the 1970's (or so I recall). The content of the English population just isn't the same now, which I think is good, but it will create it's own problems as the wheel turns back while rebalancing. Inevitable I fear.

Also there are more white non English than white English in London. There are more Africans in central Paris than the Parisians. There are more white people in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and USA than the native people. The world is changing. Enjoy the diversity and what it brings.

20 hours ago, jamesmith said:

London is one of the worst racism city . I lived in London for 8 yrs. I had so many bad experience there. I think because I am a skinny , small Chinese., I am always the target . Almost at least once a week.  Not even the people in London, but also immigration at Dover . I came back from France , when I arrived at Dover immigration, I gave my passport to the female officer, she threw my passport on the floor and told me to leave because she could not see my visa in the passport, I told her I had student visa , she said " get your passport up and show me " She was rude. Everybody behind me was shocked .   Once I went to Victoria station  to get the train to Croydon, as I was in rush so I asked few people who worked at the station, i knew they were staffs because they had the uniform so I asked them which was the perform to get train to Croydon. My God ! everyone of them swore at me and one called me " Foreign Baster , <deleted> Off"  After these incident I decided to leave UK and would not back to Uk anymore.   

What a load of rubbish, no customs or immigration officer in the UK would do anything like you say, and the same applies to British Rail staff.

It is more than their job is worth to behave in any of the ways you intimate here, They are trained to be friendly in every way no matter how badly or abusive people are to them.

The people behind you were more likely to have been shocked by your behaviour than anything the authorities said or did.

You should be seriously ashamed of yourself for sprouting such rot to the wider audience especially with no proof, it is people such as you that is getting the internet a bad name.

In response to the last sentence in your fictions post, Good riddance 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, the guest said:

Foreigners face rascism everyday in Thailand. So now Thais want their cake and eat it when they go abroad?

If the world was more aware how badly foreignes get treated in Thailand, purely based on race, I think you will find increased hostilty elsewhere in the world against Thais.

You don't say farangs are attacked everyday because they are foreigners in Thailand. All I see is that foreigners get to pay more to visit places because many locals can not afford anything more than just trying to survive. The concession is there to make the place more available to them and it is right that the tourists help to pay for the maintenance of the place they visit. Besides most Thais are Buddhist and should not have to pay to visit a Buddhist temple. To visit the London Tower, it will cost you £30.30 and to visit Thai Royal palace costs 500 bahts. I find all shops in Thailand are welcoming foreigners than the locals because they expect to get more money out of foreigners than the locals. Every now and then you hear of badly behaved foreigners get in trouble with the locals. Badly behaved people get in trouble anywhere they go. 

35 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

Also there are more white non English than white English in London. There are more Africans in central Paris than the Parisians. There are more white people in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and USA than the native people. The world is changing. Enjoy the diversity and what it brings.

Ah yes. Wokishness brings it's own reward?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, QPRFC said:

I hope that Immigration Officials checked his visa and that the hospital made him prepay or hand over his credit card and Passport PRIOR to treatment!

He, Silawattakun moved to England to attend boarding school in Surrey before reading chemical engineering at Cambridge. He has been there a long time, and probably has a resident visa or a work permit which means he pays VAT, council tax, income tax and national insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, Perhaps2more said:

You don't say farangs are attacked everyday because they are foreigners in Thailand. All I see is that foreigners get to pay more to visit places because many locals can not afford anything more than just trying to survive. The concession is there to make the place more available to them and it is right that the tourists help to pay for the maintenance of the place they visit. Besides most Thais are Buddhist and should not have to pay to visit a Buddhist temple. To visit the London Tower, it will cost you £30.30 and to visit Thai Royal palace costs 500 bahts. I find all shops in Thailand are welcoming foreigners than the locals because they expect to get more money out of foreigners than the locals. Every now and then you hear of badly behaved foreigners get in trouble with the locals. Badly behaved people get in trouble anywhere they go. 

And your post says it all. The fact you do not understand xenophobia or racism is mind blowing. A Thai and I visit any historic place in the UK and we pay the same. If a shop charger foreigners higher prices for anything it would be front page news. You must be deaf or blind not to read the constant bombardment of foreigners being beaten half to death by 6+ Thai males, OMG a Thai threw costic soda badly burning and most likely scaring a tourist the other day because he said no. My wife is Thai and we now live back in the UK after 9 years living in Thailand (my wife did not want us to move to Thailand). My wife can work, she has exactly the same rights as me in every way and no 90day visits to immigration no photos of us all sitting on our bed and infrount of our house and no fleet of fleet of police vehicles turning up at our door with a mirrad of questions and compulsory photo. Bizzare attitude. 

Edited by Scot123
Costic soda

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

And your post says it all. The fact you do not understand xenophobia or racism is mind blowing. A Thai and I visit any historic place in the UK and we pay the same. If a shop charger foreigners higher prices for anything it would be front page news. You must be deaf or blind not to read the constant bombardment of foreigners being beaten half to death by 6+ Thai males, OMG a Thai threw costic soda badly burning and most likely scaring a tourist the other day because he said no. My wife is Thai and we now live back in the UK after 9 years living in Thailand (my wife did not want us to move to Thailand). My wife can work, she has exactly the same rights as me in every way and no 90day visits to immigration no photos of us all sitting on our bed and infrount of our house and no fleet of fleet of police vehicles turning up at our door with a mirrad of questions and compulsory photo. Bizzare attitude. 

xenophobia = dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.  racism or xenophobia are both about negative outcome, not positive outcome. You would not complain, would you? If you have a luxury treatment as the result of it.

Being charged more does not imply dislike. It has a lot to do with economic reason.

Most Thais workers get £5 per day and British works get £7 per hour.

You wife, no doubt, loves the idea. Time will tell you that most Thai village girls in the end will pine for their homeland. 

You and your wife pay the same to visit the Tower of London which will cost you £60.60 in total. In Thailand, you and your wife will pay 500 bath to visit Thai Royal palace. Why should you pay the same as the locals in a country with much lower income citizens?

This system is the same in many countries, Cuba, Egypt and many Asian countries do that. In Spain, non EU citizens pay more to visit museums.

Why don't you also complain about your British tax system where people with income more than £150,000 pay 45% tax?

What percentage of tax do you have to pay? Why should they pay more than you?

You said, "the constant bombardment of foreigners being beaten half to death by 6+ Thai males."

Don't let your imagination run wild. How often did you hear of that? When it happened, it was always about some drunk foreigners misbehaving.

The case about, a ladyboy threw caustic soda on a foreigner because he refused the sexual offer. Do you think she did that because the guy was a farang or because the guy refused her sexual offer? 

Your are so bias in your comment.

What type of visa does your wife have to get the same right as you?  What type of visa did you have when comparing your situation in Thailand with your wife's?  Foreigners with resident visa in Thailand do not have to do what you said at all. 

You must be an idiot with no idea of British history. racism, apartheid, colonization, slave trade, a lot of the evidence can be found in the British museum and all the museums in the UK. Even the big diamond on the British crown was taken, not paid for. Your people had been shamelessly stealing from the rest of the world, made many of them slaves, treated them like dirt and murdered them at will.

UK may have laws for equality now but socially, Blacks, South Asians, Southeast Asians, Chinese, Eastern Europeans, all have problems with racism living in the UK. Wasn't the Brexit about too many foreigners in the UK? That was the period when even hospital staff behaved badly towards foreigners.

Racism in the UK is done with more class than in the USA where they speak out but in the UK they just ignore so called bloody foreigners. These foreigners do not exist, are invisible and can not be heard. Your wife will come to be more aware of that when her English gets better. 

Farangs who fly Thai Airways, being Caucasian, will get better treatment than being other race. All hotels and shops in Thailand are like that too. That is something your wife will definitely not get in the UK or in Thailand. British Airways isn't as stupid as Thai Airways for sure. 

Thailand is one of the countries where its visitors look down on the locals. Sadly, this is a very bad start of any relationship.

If you didn't lie to yourself you would see that too.  Just read all the comments in this Thai Visa. They are all negative comments about Thailand by visitors from supposedly far more superior countries around the world.  Makes me wonder why these people stay where they hate so much.

the attacker is clearly a few bricks shy of a load. Chinese and Thai are not the same.

Anyway, how is he/she going to weed out all those U.S citizens of Chinese ancestry who are visiting Britain?

Is he/she going to attack them as well, because they 'look' Chinese?

Edited by meltingpot2015

I would say bullying is calling someone 'four eyes' in the school playground. Calling them a racial slur, robbing them of their headphones, and breaking their nose (to add injury to insult), would tantamount to...illegal. IMO.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/thai-city-worker-coronavirus-attack/

Edited by meltingpot2015

Even if the culprits are bought before the courts - that's assuming the Met Police is interested (they have a history of being institutionally racist), competent and also have resources in doing so. Also, Judges, in 'serving' to protect the establishment, worried about 'incidents' like this affecting tourism etc., tend to let off crims charged with hate crime easily. How did I base this opinion? Have a butcher's at this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080607170408/http://www.irr.org.uk/2007/december/ha000011.html

Judge ruled that because the defendant also went on to attack a white person, he could not convict the crim for racial aggravation. The crim attacking this white person for wanting to stop him murdering an innocent black guy seems to escape the judge's reasoning....The mind boggles.

Oh!, this is all IMO BTW.

Edited by meltingpot2015