Thai attacked over coronavirus ‘Asian prejudice’ in London

snoop1130

It's a blow when a thai person looks chinese !

Embassy had taken him to hospital' and utter tripe embassies dont take  you to hospital i doubt they even care unless you have been murdered

But seriously he can complain and the law will be of assistance  in UK 

More than often that's not the case here 

I doubt that will cross his mind though!

Edited by poohy

The ignorant skinheads who beat this guy up were looking for Chinese to rough up, feeling that they have brought this virus on the world through their nasty habit of eating bats, snakes, civet cats & etc. Unfortunately the only Thais who have money to go to London are Thai-Chinese which puts them at great risk of being targets of this type of anti-Chinese discrimination and violence there and elsewhere in the West.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

what countries discriminate and even hate foreigners the most? Is it USA and England? I lived for 6 months in Russia. they would seem to be number 1 but they have few foreigners living among them. ... and few visitors. I did see 2 black men in 6 months.

You have to be a foreigner or look like one to understand racism in the UK, I never thought it was a real issue because I lived out in the safety and comfort of the Shires, then a few things happened and I began to see it for what it is. It's not always overt in many cases but it's nearly always just under the surface. An old chum of mine now deceased was a lawyer in a high profile role at Natwest bank, he was married to a Thai for many years and he swore that the UK was the most racist country he'd ever seen - some of you will remember Nick and Piao from Soi Yamoto in Pattaya years ago.

And try to visit the UK with a Thai wife and watch how she is treated and regarded when you're not right there, it's shameful. My wife and I went into an HSBC branch because she had twenty quids worth of change she'd saved and she wanted it exchanged for a note, the teller dismissed her out of hand said we don't do that! I walked over and took the coin and told her to exchange it and she was all smiles and full of yes sir no sir! Other examples are too numerous.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Being from the west and living here I see this every day. TIT

I am guessing you were signing your name at the end. Just how many muggings have you seen? I have seen none in 17 years and I witnessed so much more violence and racism when I lived in London(which is where I come from).

Edited by CraigInBangkok

15 hours ago, Flugg said:

Guess he's surprised racism works two ways

So you know for a fact this bloke has been personally racially vilifying other people? 

Of are you saying he should be taking responsibility for the actions of others? 

Whilst racism is certainly not ok...It always makes me scratch my head when I see this type of reaction from a Thai national!

As  westerners are constantly battling Xenophobia in Thailand yet our embassies (and theirs) don’t even batt an eyelid at it!

funny how it works when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

But seriously he can complain and the law will be of assistance  in UK 

Absolutely not the case.  For petty crime they do absolutely zilch.

My nephew has been mugged three times in London recently and the police couldn't care less.  Just last month he was mugged twice in one day and the police were basically accusing him of making it up.

Oh, and for the racists who are posting that it must be Muslims, couldn't be white people or "proper" English people, the three times my nephews has been mugged were all by white kids.  Once with knives, twice without.

15 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Absolute chav scumbags did this. I feel for the guy, hopefully they will get caught and no 500 baht fines please. 

I also feel for foreigners here who get beat down 7 on 1, even if it was for being an annoying drunk. We all make mistakes. 

i dont know why this is such an important story , i see violence in uk every day with yobs , cant even go on a night out in a city without running into such animals thats one of the reasons why im over here to go out and have fun but still seen a few incidents over here but it is less likely than uk 

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Absolutely not the case.  For petty crime they do absolutely zilch.

My nephew has been mugged three times in London recently and the police couldn't care less.  Just last month he was mugged twice in one day and the police were basically accusing him of making it up.

Oh, and for the racists who are posting that it must be Muslims, couldn't be white people or "proper" English people, the three times my nephews has been mugged were all by white kids.  Once with knives, twice without.

Agreed. My car broke down one night in Greenwhich when I used to work nights. I was wandering around looking for a phone box and the police pulled up and the young sh!thead in the passenger seat wound down his window and said " head or guts", I said "what?" and he replied "where do you want me to hit you?". I was ready for action and angrily told him about my car and looking for a phone box(there was some aggression and swearing). Next thing a van full of coppers turn up and I was put against a wall and searched. I still regret not getting his number.

The police are pretty useless as far as I am concerned, and there is never one when you need one.

I am white by the way.

Anyway,there is racism from all sides in London and there are also alot of mixed race gangs. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1