New ferry terminal for EEC

snoop1130

New ferry terminal for EEC

By THE NATION

800_d3ebbf914ccafbc.jpg

Royal Thai Navy (RTN) Fleet Commander Chumsak Nakwijit presided over the opening of a new ferry terminal situated within the Chuk Samet deep-sea port in Chon Buri province today (February 17).

The new ferry terminal is part of the Eastern Economic Corridor infrastructure. The terminal was under construction from June 2018 to November 2019, in line with the government’s national strategy for 2018 to 2037 on security and enhancing business competitiveness.

The Sattahip Commercial Port has chosen Namyong Terminal to operate sea transportation between eastern and southern Thailand under Navy supervision.

“The RTN determined that Chuk Samet port be used in two ways – security and economy,” Chumsak said. “The RTN will be in charge of security, while Sattahip Commercial Port will take care of economic issues.”

Chuk Samet deep-sea port is located within the Sattahip commercial port.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382285

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-17

Speaking of security can any one explain why its necessary to have your bags scanned and go through metal detectors and show your passport to take the ferry to Hua Hin? Is Hua Hin in a foreign country?

None of this non sense is needed to ride a bus or ride on the sky train or to take the ferry to Ko Larn.....Would not Ko Larn be in a foreign country the same as Hua Hin?

Edited by fforest1

1 minute ago, fforest1 said:

Speaking of security can any one explain why its necessary to have your bags scanned and go through metal detectors and show your (photo ID) to

... fly from Sacramento to San Francisco

... fly from anywhere to anywhere else

18 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I was not talking about flying....Zero Id is needed for ground travel....As it should be on the ferry to Hua Hin too....

ID may be required for bus travel. I've had mine checked on the Laos-Thailand buses even after crossing into Thailand and the Nong Kai - Khon Kaen buses just for travel within Thailand. It equally may be required for train travel in Europe. Don't forget you (supposedly) must carry your passport at all times in Thailand, even if you're never asked for it. Man up

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

ID may be required for bus travel. I've had mine checked on the Laos-Thailand buses even after crossing into Thailand and the Nong Kai - Khon Kaen buses just for travel within Thailand. It equally may be required for train travel in Europe. Don't forget you (supposedly) must carry your passport at all times in Thailand, even if you're never asked for it. Man up

I have figured out a better solution.....Just not take the ferry to Hua Hin then I am free from this ridiculous protocall...

41 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I have figured out a better solution.....Just not take the ferry to Hua Hin then I am free from this ridiculous protocall...

Go on the bus that takes 5 hours. It doesn't take 5 minutes to show your passport.

• Like 1