Phuket health chief explains vague virus updates

snoop1130

6 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Day by day the cases and deaths rise in China. 

Its stands to reason that Thailand and its popularity with Chinese tourists is going to show similar results. 

Suppose we are privileged to get some news.

My thai is not in the least bit interested in it.

Come to think about it,  the locals are not in the least bit interested in anything that the government says, full stop...

•  
  18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

So the government, realizing that they haven’t the know how to deal with mass spread of Corvid-19 have chosen to keep vital information from the public to avoid panic and a drop in tourist numbers. We’ll probably only know how bad it is when we start seeing people mourning the loss of loved ones from pneumonia on Facebook. Martial law will be implemented, and Prayut (army) will take the roll as savior.

Everyone seems to have completely forgotten about the governments ban on recording statistics.

Of COURSE we're being lied to!

On 4th February the government issued orders to stop all hospital recording CCov-19 details.

Now it seems that the original address and the Ministry of Public Health is inaccessible.

https://ddc./moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

Here is the last set of figures I could find when the govt stopped reporting the facts.

flu2.png

Edited by robsamui

33 minutes ago, robsamui said:
  •  
  18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

So the government, realizing that they haven’t the know how to deal with mass spread of Corvid-19 have chosen to keep vital information from the public to avoid panic and a drop in tourist numbers. We’ll probably only know how bad it is when we start seeing people mourning the loss of loved ones from pneumonia on Facebook. Martial law will be implemented, and Prayut (army) will take the roll as savior.

Everyone seems to have completely forgotten about the governments ban on recording statistics.

Of COURSE we're being lied to!

On 4th February the government issued orders to stop all hospital recording CCov-19 details.

Now it seems that the original address and the Ministry of Public Health is inaccessible.

https://ddc./moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

Here is the last set of figures I could find when the govt stopped reporting the facts.

flu2.png

The correct adress is => https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php 

Its a shame the way the Thai government goes about this.  They should follow Singapore which set a good example in terms of transparency with daily updates about the cases and each new case explained with the link from which cluster it came.

But I suppose in Thailand their is neither the capacity in the government, not the political willingness to follow Singapore's example.

1 hour ago, Raphael54 said:

Its a shame the way the Thai government goes about this.  They should follow Singapore which set a good example in terms of transparency with daily updates about the cases and each new case explained with the link from which cluster it came.

But I suppose in Thailand their is neither the capacity in the government, not the political willingness to follow Singapore's example.

Sure, and Singapore with 75 cases and climbing has still yet to report a single fatality, that's a case load that is twice that of Thailand yet Thailand is supposedly covering things up and lying yet Singapore is transparent....how does that work then, could it be anti-Thailand bias is starting to show a tad!!!

• Like 1

the Virus is extremely Intelligent, so the gubberment is employing extreme counter intelligence measures to try outwit the smart virus

Plan #1:  - hopefully denying it from seeing the Statistics of its success...

this gloating virus is making them lose face

21 hours ago, smedly said:

I have been saying this for a couple of weeks and IMO is the very wrong thing to do

If they don't inform the public with honest accurate updates then they are creating a false and dangerous message that there is no problem in Thailand - A grave error

If there is a serious outbreak in Thailand then the public need to be aware of it so they can increase protective measures they need to take.

If Thailand continues on a course of telling people lies or not being open and honest about the state of the situation here - they will regret it, for all we know right now the situation could be as bad as China but Thailand are saying everything is fine

The WHO need to get directly involved and tell these very stupid people just what could happen if they continue on this course 

.. Sadly, the WHO  CARES? 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, Redline said:

Healthy people don’t just get pneumonia-if you had contact, get tested.

Well they are not so young and they smoke heavily, so maybe the pneumonia is related to that.

If I show any symptoms whatsoever I would test immediately. I am not too worried at the moment.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, petedk said:

Well they are not so young and they smoke heavily, so maybe the pneumonia is related to that.

If I show any symptoms whatsoever I would test immediately. I am not too worried at the moment.

It  just so happens  that  I and several others  in my extended Thai  family recently consecutively suffered from an illness  that by symptomatic  definition  could have been  Corvid-19. It was  probably  one of the several influenza  strains  which  can/and  did demonstrate similar  symptoms. Definitely not Corvid-19  duetothe  fact that it  had  not  yet  been identified  in Thailand at that time and  being  in a remote rural area  with  unlikely  carriers would  not have  cause  for  suspicion.

Should  I follow the  paranoid  trend and  make  suggestions  that  somehow  I/we  were  possibly  infected  in some isolated cluster  of  Corvid-19 ? Would  that be outside   the  realm of  some  incredible bogus   social media  claims  made and presented here on TVF ? 555

On 2/17/2020 at 7:54 PM, LivinLOS said:

See they are sticking with the usual open honest transparency they are known for then.

And the government wonders why increasingly rumors start cropping up and floating around that they're not being honest with the national numbers being reported by the MoPH out of Bangkok???

People's Exhibit No. 1 is the Phuket bureaucratic boob in the OP article here.

Heaven forbid, Thailand might actually have a public health problem that would lead to even further erosion of its precious tourist dollars.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 2/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, Raphael54 said:

Here's some comparison between the way different countries report their CV data -- Thailand, the U.S. CDC and Malaysia, just as examples (and the charts below are from different dates, so they're not directly comparable, except in HOW the data are being reported.

The issues with the Thai reporting include:

--Among those hospitalized, they never disclose what share of patients have had negative CV test results vs. what share of patients haven't yet been tested at all or are awaiting their test results.

--They rarely provide any consistent location information about where the confirmed or suspected CV cases came from locally when first identified at hospitals here, or about where the confirmed cases or suspected cases are being treated as inpatients. Thus making it very hard to know where, other than Bangkok, actual CV cases have occurred/originated from.

In contrast, the U.S. breaks down their confirmed CV cases by state (not shown in my excerpt below), and also the positive/negative/awaiting test results breakdown, whereas Malaysia provides the same positive/negative/pending breakdown and then further identifies the cases by broad nationality listings.

Thailand:

1058328473_2020-02-1923_06_16.jpg.2315e2151b56e43d24625fd3ac72fab6.jpg

US CDC:

396277705_2020-02-1923_11_11.jpg.9acd1a9eb510d0235b0c03d2f2e153ec.jpg

Malaysia:

336125062_MalaysiaCVReportingChart.jpg.933821899dffc1f1dc48a2da6b9fbdb9.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1