AC's Need to be gased up

annabel

Hi

Can anybody recommend someone or a Company who would come to the house the put gas into my 5 AC's at a reasonable price before the hot season really kicks in which will be soon. ????   Thanks in advance for any recommendations ....

The only reason you would ever need gas topped up in a home A/C is if there is a leak. My A/C's have not needed gas in 10 years (but they are cleaned every year).

Auto A/C's do need a top up each year, but they work differently.

Make an appointment to have your A/C's thoroughly cleaned first. Take it from there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

How do you know they need gas ?

They may just need a filter clean. I suggest you call/book a "service/clean" then see the performance and take it from there as you may be paying for something you dont necessarily need.

Well 1 of them is not giving out any cool air and an electric guy checked it and said nothing wrong but it needs gas... ? So I thought may as well get them all done before the heavy heat kicks in as they don't seem to be giving out cool air like they use to and I just cleaned them all end October. Well except for that one that doesn't cool at all maybe I'll try cleaning all the filters again but seems unlikely they would be clogged as I haven't been using them since mid November.... 

1 minute ago, annabel said:

Well 1 of them is not giving out any cool air and an electric guy checked it and said nothing wrong but it needs gas... ? So I thought may as well get them all done before the heavy heat kicks in as they don't seem to be giving out cool air like they use to and I just cleaned them all end October. Well except for that one that doesn't cool at all maybe I'll try cleaning all the filters again but seems unlikely they would be clogged as I haven't been using them since mid November.... 

Not using them is actually worse. That gives all sorts of critters and geckos and others a great chance to make a nest and settle down in there undisturbed.

The recommendation is to thoroughly clean them, filters etc first, then test the performance, then check gas pressure. They are pressurized systems so unless you have an actual fault/leak, gas should not normally be needed. Process of elimination is the best course of action ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Who do you go to for auto air top up?  Thanks.

At a place in Nong Hoi. As you pass Plaza 89 on your right, it's up maybe 200 meters on the left. Very busy and popular shop, many minivans there every day.

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.7501341,99.0099721,3a,75y,99.01h,92.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJgpqzWpapayK6e25x7guDQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

ty.jpg

Edited by elektrified
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

That gives all sorts of critters and geckos and others a great chance to make a nest and settle down in there undisturbed.

Yepper, I had one that was infiltrated by an army of ants. They made a nest that actually fried one of the PCBAs inside the unit.

Another thing I do myself about every 3 or 4 months is to take my air compressor and blow out the coil located outside in the condensing unit. I blow out all dirt and leaves that may accumulate and then spray it out good with the garden hose.

• Like 1