BANGKOK
Jingthing

'Nomad Capitalist' (famous expat vlogger) suggests many Thai expats are 'clingy'

Don't think he can help this nomad capitalist's dream of lower wine taxes with his book he is trying to flog🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

He's talking to a younger, more nomadic audience that either is still earning money or has the financial resources to move anywhere they choose. I doubt he would use the "clingy" label for people on retirement visas who have family and property here who have begun to feel unwelcome in Thailand but are hanging on, hoping that things will improve in the future.

I am currently mulling over the idea of taking a more nomadic approach to my remaining years, traveling with less household baggage, living in a new area or two for stretches, before maybe settling down for good. I found his "free bird" philosophy refreshing. Thanks.

Yes. Obviously his focus is a fairly small group of people. Wealthy international entrepreneurs seeking the benefits of living and operating outside their home countries when they can get treated better often related to taxation and lower labor costs. Yeah he's a capitalist alright. I thought his comments about some Thai expats were amusing. It's better to be welcome! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Don't think he can help this nomad capitalist's dream of lower wine taxes with his book he is trying to flog🤔

He doesn't live in Thailand and I don't think he ever has. He's just not a fan. He has lived and invested in Cambodian and Malaysian real estate through. 

He recently bought an apartment in one of the best neighborhoods in Bogota Colombia which he had renovated. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I don't think he's talking about retirees, pensioners, etc. I'll take his advice and definitely NOT settle in Thailand whatsoever in the future. But I'll always visit...for 6 months at a time lol

• Like 2