'Nomad Capitalist' (famous expat vlogger) suggests many Thai expats are 'clingy'

Jingthing

27 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

He's talking to a younger, more nomadic audience that either is still earning money or has the financial resources to move anywhere they choose. I doubt he would use the "clingy" label for people on retirement visas who have family and property here who have begun to feel unwelcome in Thailand but are hanging on, hoping that things will improve in the future.

I am currently mulling over the idea of taking a more nomadic approach to my remaining years, traveling with less household baggage, living in a new area or two for stretches, before maybe settling down for good. I found his "free bird" philosophy refreshing. Thanks.

Yes. Obviously his focus is a fairly small group of people. Wealthy international entrepreneurs seeking the benefits of living and operating outside their home countries when they can get treated better often related to taxation and lower labor costs. Yeah he's a capitalist alright. I thought his comments about some Thai expats were amusing. It's better to be welcome! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Don't think he can help this nomad capitalist's dream of lower wine taxes with his book he is trying to flog????

He doesn't live in Thailand and I don't think he ever has. He's just not a fan. He has lived and invested in Cambodian and Malaysian real estate through. 

He recently bought an apartment in one of the best neighborhoods in Bogota Colombia which he had renovated. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I get it that many people resent people that appear to have it all. 

Relative youth 

Good looks for a white guy

Wealth

Health

Business success 

Nice owned housing in the best urban neighborhoods scattered throughout the world 

High intelligence 

Some degree of fame among his target international expat entrepreneur audience

He is good looking? my how times have changed ???? 

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I agree with him, all these young single guys in their 30s that just want a way for one more entry ........ what's wrong with them, move around a bit more, plenty of countries happy to have you for a couple of months in a year, why so desperate to stay in Thailand, it ain't that great a place.

I have been all around Asia and Thailand is the only country I really like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So famous I never heard of him. Sounds like all the other internet inhabitants that wanna get loadsacash by getting clicks. 

Always amazes me when some farang thinks they know enough about LOS to tell other farangs what to do in LOS.

No farang, IMO, will ever know as much about LOS as some think they do.

Thank god everyone has heard of thaibeachlovers

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've also been all around Asia, and Thailand is the country I like least.

The pussy and beer are overpriced, and the weed is over-policed.

Still some decent hiking and cycling.

But in reality, only my kids keep me here.

Yeah I would have probably married a Japanese girl if I knew how things would have evolved here ????????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

Only vloging left to renounce then.

( Click and subscribe if you like this comment )

Well I like his videos and I'm definitely not part of his target audience. Oddly I find some overlap in his philosophy for wealthy people that applies to low budget expats as well.