TM30

UK expat on Thai retirement visa.  I own (through company) 2 villas in Phuket and rent (personally) through AirB&B, Trip Advisor etc.  Heard TM30 reporting may become mandatory for all overnight visitors in Thailand and wondering if anyone can confirm or has experience?

I thought TM30 had gone quiet and died a death... RIP! At my last visit to Immigration they did not seem much interested. Can anyone confirm?

The Thai Hotel industry is trying to stamp out AirBnB operations on the basis that renting out for less than a month requires a hotel licence.

If running this type of business on a Retirement Visa you may wish to remain under the radar for both the above points.

You are going to get a myriad of answers on here depending on individual experiences with Immigration Officers, who vary greatly in their interpretation of the rules.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

I would ask if renter has need to attend imm office. I would imagine most your renters are tourists. My suggestion is do nothing, except advice them if they need apply for extension to ie a setv then you need plan B.

Having said that many reports of tm30 not being asked for extensions to VE and setv.

2 minutes ago, Gene1960 said:

In Phuket they wanted the tm30 slip or two copies of a hotel registration screenshot before the 90 days report. I am on the Elite Visa. 

Good point. The OP has not mentioned region or type of tenant. 

He would get better advice if did outline detail.

All imm office different. Most 90 day report have nothing to do with tm30

Thanks, so it seems not to be a major issue at present.  Quote from recent Bangkok Post: "Foreigners staying at private houses, condominiums and private apartments that are not hotels, have been escaping (TM30) registration. These establishments welcome guests, without reporting either to Immigration or to the Revenue Department. Both organisations are seeking to crack down on such evasions, so as to be able to collect data but also tax on income received. Registration is now required on each entry into Thailand".  

OP, all that aside. I think you stated that your living in Thailand on "retirement visa". That most likely means your on extensions based on retirement. 

It also sounds like your working illegally.

Renting out condos etc and earning income is work. I don't give a flying f but ask advise on Thaivisa re tm30 for illegal work sounds lame. 

Happy to be corrected.

1 minute ago, ThomB said:

Region is Mueang Phuket,  tenants are all tourists, average 7-10 day stay, European, Russian, Asian.

Then you have zero issue. Ignore tm30.

But note imho your working illegally.

Not my business. Up to you. You won't get caught.